Recommend a Car for Me?

Old 07-09-2011, 02:43 PM

Try a Subaru....very reliable.
Old 07-09-2011, 03:11 PM

I have a 2003 Nissan Murano....love, love, love, love it. I park in all the compact parking spaces in any parking lot. Plus it has great room in the back for groceries and/or sewing machines when I'm off quilting with my friends. The back seats fold down for even more room. Just brought a love seat home from the store. It slid right into the back with no problems at all.
I have arthritus in my hips so this car sits up high enough that it is really easy to get in and out of, great visability out the windows. My next car will be a new Murano ! I love it so much. My husband loves it too. He drives the Maxima.
Old 07-09-2011, 05:40 PM

Originally Posted by lfw045
Cars are like sewing machines.everyone has a preference. Maybe you should go American made and try a Chevrolet Impala..they get good gas mileage and are a comfortable ride. I am partial to my Dodge Grand Caravan but then that is my preference.....lol!
I had an 08 and it was either. and it sat to low. to get in and out of. I have a Sonata now that I like its an 02 but the newer ones are better. But I'd like to try a subaru Forester next time.
Old 07-09-2011, 08:33 PM

VW jetta just bought one for youngest daughter. Hers was toffee colored (hardest color to find wouldn't you know it) with latta colored int. We jokingly call it the Coffee Bean with colors like that , great car which is really hard for me to say because we are Ford people.
Old 07-09-2011, 08:41 PM

I was going to suggest the toyota Matrix as well. We have a Pontiac Vibe that I love and neve want to give up because they aren't making them anymore. But it is basically a Matrix with different outsides and trim. We would have bought the matrix, but the seats were horrible for me...too straight and stiff....so you'll probably love them!
Old 07-09-2011, 10:55 PM

Originally Posted by MrsGuava
I have a Nissan Altima, 6 cyl..great on gas..four door, very roomy for MrG and the pups.
That was going to be my suggestion. I understand Nissan's are good cars and at least in the past were built with great safety features.
I've got a Dodge Stratus but that's probably bigger than you want...love mine.
Old 07-09-2011, 11:11 PM

I have a Jeep Liberty and love it, gets good gas milage and had no problems with it. But it's consider SUV....14,000.00 the time we bought it....Good Luck with your search...
Old 07-10-2011, 02:25 PM

We just bought a Dodge Avenger. LOVE LOVE LOVE it. Fits all the requirements you listed and is a great looking car.
Old 07-10-2011, 05:00 PM
ns

I have a Subaru and love it. Check them out.
Old 07-10-2011, 06:05 PM

Thanks for all your recommendations. I went yesterday and tried a few, no decision yet.

I told the college student salesman what I wanted, and he just didn't focus on it at all. I said new, and he said, "I see you in a used car." I said small sedan, and he kept pointing out big vehicles. "It's not an SUV, it's a sport activity vehicle." I will not buy a car I have to climb up into! The only thing he managed to keep in focus was my price limit. I really should have taken control and said that if he really wanted to make a sale, he'd stick to what I was asking for.

I asked about a used Prius, and he laughed. I mean, burst out laughing! He says they almost never have any, and the resale price is sometimes even higher than when it was new (I guess lower than this year's new price, though).

Then I went to another area of several car dealerships, only to find that the one I wanted wasn't there. Got directions, and don't you know, the exit off the highway I needed was closed for roadwork. I gave up for the day and collapsed from heat exhaustion from driving around in the 90+ degree heat in the un-ai conditioned car. This is a serious health issue for me.

Pennsylvania has this archaic law that cars can't be sold on Sunday, so no car hunting today.

I must make a decision in the next day or two.