Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
It's the cranky season here >

It's the cranky season here

It's the cranky season here

Old 08-21-2011, 08:26 AM

Originally Posted by ptquilts
Here is a happy post - my 2 GS are coming to visit tomorrow (ages 3 and 5) with their parents - they live in England and we haven't seen them in a year.
OMGoodness good for you, have a fantastic time with them!!!
Old 08-21-2011, 08:33 AM

Originally Posted by redkimba
I know that we all have moments and many of them are legitimate, but it seems that 3 out of 4 threads here are complaining about something, ie price of clothes, the prices of fabric, Wal-mart isn't carrying fabric, etc.

I'm done with the negativity. Is there any interest in a Positivity thread for supporting a good spin on things? Example - Price of clothes is going up, but that's okay because now I can learn to make clothes that fit me (for a change).

::puts soapbox up & goes to make a cup of tea::
Oh, I like this post -
here is something pos, I see by your post you drink tea. I just bought the most delightful tea while on a trip. Its Tazo Well-Being. Its made with rose petals, and smells so good when you pour the hot water on it. It is just wonderful with a bit of honey and a warm sugar cookie. I just hope I can find a place around me that sells it, I may have to buy it online. (if you like sweet tea make a cup of licorice tea, it tastes sweet all on its own) sharet
Old 08-21-2011, 08:33 AM

Originally Posted by Rebecca VLQ
New day, new happy! :D

I'm about to run 8 miles outside. Not the first time I've done it, but "this is the year" where I'm starting to LOVE it. Fall air is about, with a cool breeze here and there and warm sun. It feels more like "Me Time" than "Torture Time" now that I've changed my approach...giving my very best at every opportunity!
We're in NC too, in the wooded mountain countryside, not far from Asheville! Love the change of seasons here! I have 3 dogs to walk about every hour or two, so that gets me some exercise & they love it! Big front yard, but no fence, so we walk about it & the woods a bit, surrounding us! Where are you located, just curious???.... Exercise is totally different, once you set your mind to it, I agree!...
Old 08-21-2011, 09:19 AM

Watched my DGD, who is a Jr. in HS play an awesomw football fame lat night--4 Touchdowns, three interceptions, and kicked a field goal. Went to church this A. M. and then out for breakfas. Tonight we are invited down to our son's
house for a deep fried turtle dinner. Haven't had turtle for a long time. Wonderful family weekend!!!!
Old 08-21-2011, 09:24 AM

Oh my goodness. It as my DGS not my DGD who played football.
Old 08-21-2011, 09:33 AM

Originally Posted by ButtermilkMama
Oh my goodness. It as my DGS not my DGD who played football.
Either way, it was a good night. froggyintexas
Old 08-21-2011, 09:57 AM

Life is Great. I just ordered one of Riversongs beautiful table toppers for my neice...Need to think about one for me now....love Riversongs work.
Old 08-21-2011, 09:59 AM

Originally Posted by happymrs
Originally Posted by Rebecca VLQ
New day, new happy! :D

I'm about to run 8 miles outside. Not the first time I've done it, but "this is the year" where I'm starting to LOVE it. Fall air is about, with a cool breeze here and there and warm sun. It feels more like "Me Time" than "Torture Time" now that I've changed my approach...giving my very best at every opportunity!
We're in NC too, in the wooded mountain countryside, not far from Asheville! Love the change of seasons here! I have 3 dogs to walk about every hour or two, so that gets me some exercise & they love it! Big front yard, but no fence, so we walk about it & the woods a bit, surrounding us! Where are you located, just curious???.... Exercise is totally different, once you set your mind to it, I agree!...
We're south of Raleigh, south of Fuquay-Varina. We're kinda in the country, so it's like walk out the front door and the run to the main road and back, lol! :D

It was tough today. Tough and hot. But on the bright side, I'm doing a half marathon in November, and the tough stuff now will make it easier when the time comes!
Old 08-21-2011, 10:57 AM

Got a nice singer 15-91 last week. Another addition to my sewing machine family. It purrs like a kitten. I'm smiling.
Old 08-21-2011, 11:05 AM

I am meeting 2 of my painting friends for my birthday lunch!