Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • Anyone use Google Chrome as a browser? >
  • Anyone use Google Chrome as a browser?

• Anyone use Google Chrome as a browser?

Old 09-15-2011, 07:15 PM

I tried Google chrome several times, it always have created too many problems! So I don't even try anymore.
    Old 09-15-2011, 07:24 PM

Originally Posted by grammajojo
    I like Google Chrome very much. I was using Safari and like Chrome much better.
    I think I had Chrome but have no idea what it is. I may have even deleted it since my computer is now showing me a window saying I'm running out of disk space. I have no idea what to do about it without messing things up.
    Old 09-15-2011, 08:01 PM

Originally Posted by Pat G
    I think I had Chrome but have no idea what it is. I may have even deleted it since my computer is now showing me a window saying I'm running out of disk space. I have no idea what to do about it without messing things up.
    The message about the disk space is telling you that your hard drive is almost full of programs , documents and other things like pictures or music. The best thing to do is to purchase a larger hard drive and have everything on your old drive transferred to the new hard drive.
    Old 09-15-2011, 08:33 PM

I am happy with Firefox, so I will just stay with it.
    Old 09-15-2011, 09:09 PM

Originally Posted by DaylilyDawn
    Originally Posted by Pat G
    The message about the disk space is telling you that your hard drive is almost full of programs , documents and other things like pictures or music. The best thing to do is to purchase a larger hard drive and have everything on your old drive transferred to the new hard drive.
    Thanks for this info. I know I have a lot of family & quilt pix but haven't learned how to make disks & get them out of the computer. Just got too lazy to figure it out.
    Old 09-15-2011, 11:42 PM

I have used Chrome for a yr or so.. I like it.. I can have several tabs open at once.. it's great and I have never had a problem with it at all...
    Old 09-16-2011, 01:11 AM

I have recently changed over from IE at granddaughters suggestion. Got REAL tired of Internet explorer has stopped working. Check back later to see if problem has been fixed. So far I like the change. It took me a while to get used to the tabs on top and not X out of any part of a page. It takes you out of everything. I've not used Firefox. Heard good things of them too. ;-)
    Old 09-16-2011, 02:12 AM

Thanks for this info. I know I have a lot of family & quilt pix but haven't learned how to make disks & get them out of the computer. Just got too lazy to figure it out.
    go through your pictures and documents and delete the ones you don't want. then run the defrag.
    i store my pictures on Picasa, they are stored off site (out of my computer) you really need to do something with your hard drive..what if you lost all your pictures and info..from a virus or something else? you would be sad. i know..it happened to me..lost everything.
    there are great video tutorials on utube on how to do the things you need to learn. check them out!
    Old 09-16-2011, 04:42 AM

I have been using Chrome and love it. Have avoided Internet Explorer for many years. For the ? about bookmarks, hit the wrench on the toolbar, select "Bookmarks", and then select "Import Bookmarks and Settings". If that does not work for you, check Chrome's "Help".

CrookedQuilter
    Old 09-16-2011, 04:50 AM

Originally Posted by watterstide
    go through your pictures and documents and delete the ones you don't want. then run the defrag.
    i store my pictures on Picasa, they are stored off site (out of my computer) you really need to do something with your hard drive..what if you lost all your pictures and info..from a virus or something else? you would be sad. i know..it happened to me..lost everything.
    there are great video tutorials on utube on how to do the things you need to learn. check them out!
    You may also need to do a Disk Cleanup before you defrag. No need to put temporary files and cookies in order.

I have a PC: Start > All Programs > Accessories > System Tools >