Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
"PROJECT INCOMPLETE" >

"PROJECT INCOMPLETE"

"PROJECT INCOMPLETE"

Old 10-25-2011, 07:32 AM
ns

I am guilty, But! who do you need to explain to about your unfinished projects? I have a lot and was given quite a few UFO's from a friends husband to finish when she passed away. That was 8 years ago and I am still working on hers and mine.I hope to finish 5 projects before I take on a new big project. That way some will get done. I am getting their. and that brings me joy and a smaller pile.
Old 10-25-2011, 07:46 AM

Boy, have you hit the nail on the head about me!!! LOL
Old 10-25-2011, 07:51 AM

Originally Posted by MissJMac
"Project Incomplete", that's what I call it anyway.
I see a quilt on the QB, at Mo Star Quilt, or any of the countless internet sites we visit daily and know I just have to make it NOW!! I get the instructions, start pulling fabric and begin cutting and sewing. Beautiful, I'm so proud of myself, everything's going great.
I've earned a break, think I'll fix a cup of tea and visit the ladies of the "Quilting Board". Wow!! fantastic discussions, beautiful pictures, new tips, links, and evem the recipes.
Geez, that makes my sewing room look reallly sad, I've got to make that quilt Jenny made at MO Star, that Bargello looks like something I could handle.
I start duplicating Jenny's quilt cause she made it look soooo... easy. I can't stop thinking about that Bargello, so I start pulling from the stash again. By now the unfinished quilts are starting to back up and on and on and on and on....
Having exposed my shortcomings here, I was just wondering if I'm the only one suffering from this malady or are there others who get so excited when they see something new they just have to start it right now.
If you're not guilty, then how do you explain your stash of unfinished tops?? LOL
I don't even try :!: :D
Old 10-25-2011, 07:53 AM

Guilty as charged!

Get going on a great quilt - run into piecing problems. Stop in frustration, set it aside. Get another started, machine breaks down, set it aside. Get a top pieced, FMQ goes haywire, set it aside.

I'm starting to see a pattern. Got to stop setting aside! Get it done 1st, then do the next one. Now if I can only get it through my head!!!!
Old 10-25-2011, 08:03 AM

I'm so glad to see that I'm not alone. I see a quilt block that I just love, looks so easy, just whip one up to test it out. Let's see, maybe someday, I'll put all these lonely blocks together and have a quilt!
Old 10-25-2011, 08:41 AM

I do that!! I saw an Uncle Sam that I couldn't find a pattern for so I sat down and figured it out, got it complete and then didn't want to go any further. I have floral log cabin blocks that I've started and stacked up, patriotic log cabin blocks that I made and stacked up..... I like to see if I can make a certain block with no idea how to use it. My daughter wants me to make her a quilt with all the orphaned blocks I have laying around!!!

Here's the Uncle Sam and my daughter holding it. It turned out much larger than I thought it would.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]276890[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-276837.jpe  
Old 10-25-2011, 08:57 AM

guilty as charged!
Old 10-25-2011, 08:59 AM

I am so guilty. I was cleaning out my stash the other day and found a christening dress that I started to make my granddaughter. She is now 20 years old. So you think you are bad. Found the baby quilt that I started for her too. I finished it and give it to the hospice for gifting to cancer patients. Now I have a afgan I am making my grand nephew and have to force myself to finish it so I can start on my next sewing project. OR better yet finish the two that I already have started.
Old 10-25-2011, 09:03 AM

GUILTY!! :oops:
Old 10-25-2011, 09:43 AM

I learned to quilt from a woman two generations back and in the winter she would hand quilt her quilttops and in the summer she would quilt them on her quilting frame in the barn. When the summer was over she would have 5 or 6 quilts that were for the fair. But always had some quilt tops that she had never gotten done. So we aren't the only ones who do this. I wish that I had gotten some of her quilt tops when she died but they were snapped up before I could get there