Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
I can't believe the price was $9.00 >

I can't believe the price was $9.00

I can't believe the price was $9.00

Old 10-29-2011, 12:56 PM

Wonderful! Beautiful work and a bargain. It reminds me to pull out some old pieces I have from an uncle (yes, an uncle who embroidered) and make something from them.
Old 10-29-2011, 01:26 PM

Those are really neat. Thanks for sharing and have fun making something out of them!
Old 10-29-2011, 01:28 PM

I have the original pattern for this quilt. It was from the magazine "Work Basket" - there may have been others. It was 1954. Beautiful.
Old 10-29-2011, 02:15 PM

Love them!!! Great price, too!!
Old 10-29-2011, 02:31 PM

I have one of these my MIL set with dark green sash. 48 of
them. now I have to check the VA bird. I started hand quilting in 3/4" crosshatch. will take me another 5 yrs
to finish quilting, I am very slow at that. also found a
complete pattern at a garage sale. the embroidery on mine
is exquisite.
Old 10-29-2011, 03:16 PM

Originally Posted by nanna-up-north
My husband and I love going to auctions and this one listed sewing stuff. There wasn't much that appealed to me but I only had to bid $9.00 for this box of treasures. The box contained all the state's bird blocks already embroidered. Each block is 7" x 7" and the hand work is VERY NICE. They are all clean and there is even a sheet of paper that tells each state's bird, the colors, etc. I haven't decided how I will sash these or how many blocks in how many rows. I'm excited!! This was a great purchase. Do any of you have a quilt with these blocks? I think the patterrn was popular back in the 50's and 60's. I'd love to see a vintage one.
wish that had been me. I make and give away dolls to sick kids, with empheses (spelling?...sorry for typo) on kids with cancer (boys and girls) I'd love to make a quilt to raffle off to help raise money to fight that awful stuff. I have a brother (only sibling and age 72) who we thought was over his 3rd and worse cancer. Now we find he has incurable cancer in his sternum, spine and lymph nodes of pelvic area. I'm going to make a prayer blanket for him (crocheted) and get it in the mail for him, that and making things for 13 great grands. Guess i don't have time to make a quilt after all. Maybe next year, I'll tackle something like that. You are a lucky lady and i'm happy for you that you found such a good buy. Love to see a picture when you get it done. Congratulations.
Old 10-29-2011, 03:16 PM

wish that had been me. I make and give away dolls to sick kids, with empheses (spelling?...sorry for typo) on kids with cancer (boys and girls) I'd love to make a quilt to raffle off to help raise money to fight that awful stuff. I have a brother (only sibling and age 72) who we thought was over his 3rd and worse cancer. Now we find he has incurable cancer in his sternum, spine and lymph nodes of pelvic area. I'm going to make a prayer blanket for him (crocheted) and get it in the mail for him, that and making things for 13 great grands. Guess i don't have time to make a quilt after all. Maybe next year, I'll tackle something like that. You are a lucky lady and i'm happy for you that you found such a good buy. Love to see a picture when you get it done. Congratulations.
Old 10-29-2011, 03:44 PM

What a lucky find. Please post a pic when you decide how to complete it. Good luck.
Old 10-29-2011, 03:52 PM

Our local library has one hanging up in the entrance. So pretty! I'm happy for you. That's a great find.
Old 10-29-2011, 04:17 PM

what a wonderful find