Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
I'm still in disbelief and overwhelmed! >

I'm still in disbelief and overwhelmed!

I'm still in disbelief and overwhelmed!

Old 01-10-2014, 11:36 AM
Power Poster

CONGRATULATIONS!!! Your SO is definitely a keeper. If my DH did that for me, something he probably would never do, I would be in tears, as well as jumping up and down with joy. Enjoy your new baby.
Old 01-10-2014, 11:58 AM

Sweet story ... yay, wonderful happy 2014!
Old 01-10-2014, 12:28 PM

My DH did that for me acouple of Christmas' ago. I kept saying that an upgrade from my janome 9000 (15 years old then ) would be the 11000, one stop shopping, wouldn't have to buy me anything else for any other holiday or special occasion until next Christmas, etc. he finally told me that it wasn't going to happen that year. I was OK with that because I knew that eventually it would happen.well he surprised me and I burst into tears! My dgs were so upset because they thought that somethingwas wrong.
I am so happy for you and hope that you get many years of enjoyment from your machine.
Old 01-10-2014, 01:13 PM

Originally Posted by wpbmommy1 View Post
I own a Singer Simple 3116 machine and if you know it, you know that it is a very basic machine. I sew and quilt on it. I also have my mother's Kenmore that I use. I arrived home from work yesterday to find a HUGE box on the dining room table, wrapped in Christmas paper.

After confirming that it was left for me (I called my SO asking what it was and he told me to open it and to find out) I ripped it open and found...

A brand new Babylock Melody!!!!

Quick back story: I chose a Melody as dream machine after months of research. At first I wanted a Pfaff QE 4.2 (just can't afford it), then a Janome 6600P (no free arm), then a Janome 7700 (just can't afford it), then I looked at Babylock and decided that the Melody was the perfect one with just enough fancy stuff to keep me busy, with room to grow, and it was less than 2K.

Anyway, one thing after another happened, and I was unable to buy it (tuition, car problems, etc.) and although I hinted (strongly) at it for Christmas (I left brochures all over the house, I know, not so subtle) , SO said that it too big of an expense right now. I completely understood and although I was a little sad, but it gave me something to work toward in 2014.

Flash forward-----> to this beautiful piece of machinery sitting on my table. I haven't fully unpacked it. I want time to sit and read and learn how to use it. I'll be visiting the shop where he purchased it from soon. I had no idea he was going there and talking to them and setting it all up (he took one of the many brochures I left).

I cried when I finally opened the box. I actually let it sit there for a few hours afraid to open it. It still has all the packing on it.

I am so happy I can barely contain myself!!!!!!!!!!!!
How very romantic and special!!!!! I know you are so very happy...Good luck with your new machine!!
Old 01-10-2014, 01:33 PM

Such a wonderful story and gift. I am like many of the folks on here--make him a DH--or if you are neither interested in that next step, just continue to appreciate him as is. Sounds like you two have come to your own version of togetherness that is working for you. I love it. And even though I am not familiar with the Babylock, there are lots of good things posted about it--and I have a friend here who has (and loves) a Babylock that has embroidery functions.
Old 01-10-2014, 01:44 PM

I can feel a whole lotta love on your post. I would cry. Hints are our gifts to the people who love and want to please us! I would say now that you have your Melody, it's time to sing the wedding song!
Old 01-10-2014, 02:10 PM

Thanks...my hubby and I were trying to figure out what that was.
Originally Posted by Lori S View Post
Significant Other
Old 01-10-2014, 02:23 PM

I am so very very happy for you! Congratulations!!
Old 01-10-2014, 02:40 PM

Thanks for passing on such a great story !! Great story ... great guy. Hope you love your machine once you start using it.
Old 01-10-2014, 02:52 PM

He is a keeper for sure, congradulations and let us see what you make first. Very happy for you.