Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
You want HOW much for it?!! LOL >

You want HOW much for it?!! LOL

You want HOW much for it?!! LOL

Old 05-08-2010, 05:24 PM

I am curious enough i would have had to go see, but then i also wouldn't be able resist the urge to laugh at her. come on now!
Old 05-09-2010, 04:49 PM

Well, well, maybe she should get this mashine to the TV Auction (I forget the name of the program)
I will follow up on the website you gave, Sew a lot.com, just for kicks.
I have a Singer Sewing mashine that was my Grandmas. She was a professional seamstress . I guess I have her genes inherited, as my Mother never sewed.
That mashine is 111 years old ,yes ,onehundred and eleven. And gess what, its not rusty, works perfectly well and is in top shape. now what do you think I can get for that???
Maybe I should contact Singer Co. . Nobody in my family sewes and I rather sell it than have it rust to death. Any offers???
Old 05-09-2010, 04:50 PM

Well, well, maybe she should get this mashine to the TV Auction (I forget the name of the program)
I will follow up on the website you gave, Sew a lot.com, just for kicks.
I have a Singer Sewing mashine that was my Grandmas. She was a professional seamstress . I guess I have her genes inherited, as my Mother never sewed.
That mashine is 111 years old ,yes ,onehundred and eleven. And gess what, its not rusty, works perfectly well and is in top shape. now what do you think I can get for that???
Maybe I should contact Singer Co. . Nobody in my family sewes and I rather sell it than have it rust to death. Any offers???
Old 05-09-2010, 05:34 PM
Pam

Where are you? I bet many would love to take it off your hands for WAY less than $15000!
Old 05-09-2010, 06:34 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Molokai Grandma
.That machine is 111 years old ,yes ,one hundred and eleven. And guess what, its not rusty, works perfectly well and is in top shape. now what do you think I can get for that???
Maybe I should contact Singer Co. . Nobody in my family sews and I rather sell it than have it rust to death. Any offers???
Post some photos of it but I can tell you now that if it is not a Model 12 with MOP inlays, or a Model A is will not bring much money. Just because its old doesn't make it worth a lot.

Sad but it is true with the sewing machines. They are not an investment they are something you want to love and cherish.

Billy
Old 05-09-2010, 07:20 PM

People use to sew almost everything. Not much store bought.
Grandma, had a woman that came around once a year, , she would stay at the house for a week or however long. She would sew all their clothes for the year.
Then grandma would take the old clothes, like suit coats ,and pants and make wool or cotton quilt tops from them, tied them. and called the comforters.

At home there were several old sewing machines that I assumed were worn out. Altho the way them made them back, a century ago, I wondered if they ever wore out.

Mom's mom was a seamtress, made the clothes herself.
I quess I take after the quilting grandma. Altho I use to sew for the kids, I haven't in years.
Old 05-10-2010, 05:31 AM

Originally Posted by Molokai Grandma
I'd like to see pictures of it, and know where you are, and what you want for it... Sounds like a machine that could go another 100 years!
Old 05-10-2010, 11:10 AM

Hi Billy, what is an MOP inlay and or where can I find the Model number? Thank you
Old 05-10-2010, 11:15 AM

Originally Posted by Pam
Where are you? I bet many would love to take it off your hands for WAY less than $15000!
I am on Molokai , a little island of 7400 people and about 40 miles from Honolulu
Old 05-10-2010, 11:16 AM

sounds like that ole lady been a drinkin too much sewin chine oil ifin you know what i mean !!!!!!