Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Does anyone else LIKE WalMart fabrics? >

Does anyone else LIKE WalMart fabrics?

Does anyone else LIKE WalMart fabrics?

Old 06-13-2010, 10:51 AM
Banned

I like SPAM,,never had a White Castle,,,like SOME of the Wally World fabric when they still carried it,,speaking of Spam,Im hungry,,,gonna go make a sandwich! :thumbup:
Old 06-13-2010, 11:03 AM

Love me some Wally-world fabrics! Have bought tons. Many quilts have been birthed from Walmart beginnings. Our Wally's is getting bigger, but getting rid of fabric. I am sad. So very sad. Love me some Joann's even better...but thier prices have gone up, so that too makes me sad. so sad. But, I have a family that loves me enough to give me quilt days, a sewing machine that sews in a relatively straight line, and a pretty good stash of pretty fabric...three happy's outweigh the sads...all good!
Old 06-13-2010, 01:25 PM

Originally Posted by bearisgray
So -

Who will admit to liking White Castle hamburgers?

Who will admit to liking Spam (the pink stuff in a rectangular can)?

Who will admit to reading (the headlines, at least) the National Enquirer?

The whole point of the question was to see if people would ADMIT to liking some WalMart fabrics. Not whether they were superior, inferior, or equal to fabrics from other sources.
I admit it. I actually buy the National Enquirer every week. And I like it.
Old 06-13-2010, 01:53 PM

ME!!!!! and will admit it!!!
Old 06-13-2010, 01:54 PM

Untill recently, almost all my fabric came from Walmart...I never had any problems. It's like any where, if you know what to look for you usually get what you want. I was fooled a couple of times by lots of sizing, but I still loved the fabric! :)

Ditter
Old 06-13-2010, 01:56 PM

I have bought some very nice fabric from Walmart. If you are experienced in sewing you should be able to tell the difference between the good fabric and the not so good by just the way they feel. The Cranston line is very nice, no fading and last a long time. Our local WM is beginning to shring their fabric and craft inventory. The next nearest place to buy is 75 miles away. Makes good sense for them to keep stocking fabric and sewing notions. We'll see.
Old 06-13-2010, 02:58 PM

My Walmart is shrinking their fabric dept. I don't know why. They are the closest fabric place within 150 miles around. I have not browsed through it since the store is being renovated and it was rather chaos the last time. I do hope they have not shrunk it up. I have bought many fabrics from them, and have not had problems with any of them.
Old 06-13-2010, 03:00 PM

have brought from them and no problem.
Old 06-13-2010, 03:10 PM

I just bought five yards there today!!! My kids are wanting to make pillow cases for their dad for father's day, so they picked out Broncos fabric and pirate (skull) fabric. We have been talking about how there are pirates near where he will be stationed in Africa, so they thought he would like the fabric. :lol: Anyway, he can take them with him to Africa when he deploys, so I bought sharpie markers for them to write him love messages on the top part of the pillow case so every night when he goes to sleep, he will get to see their messages. I will post pictures when we get them done.
Old 06-13-2010, 03:16 PM

I've bought a lot of some of the fabrics from walmart! Now the dept. is gone :( I heard there's one 45 mins in one direction and 45 mins the other directions. Haven't made the drive yet...