Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Have you heard...New ACCUQUILT GO >
  • Have you heard...New ACCUQUILT GO

• Have you heard...New ACCUQUILT GO

Old 10-11-2010, 01:12 PM
    Power Poster

Marine Mom, I think I would have to use two hand too, one to push the fabric, ect, thtough, and One to crank, hope that helps! Could you maybe get a freind to help you?
    Old 10-11-2010, 01:44 PM

Thank you, hearing from some of you helps. Someone could help I'm sure, but I use sewing/embroidery as something to be able to do on my own. I was hoping the GO! might help me in that way. Thank you all.
    Old 10-11-2010, 01:50 PM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by ladydi64
    Only if you have enough money to buy the dies and like wasted material. I looked into this before I bought the Altos' cutting board which was a little more expensive, but does not need dies and makes an accurate cut with no waste.
    How did you have wasted fabric using the Go? Someone must not have shown you the right way to use it. I have 1/4" waste around each die shape, nothing more. I have the Alto Quilt 2 and never could get the same accurate from one cut to the next. I still use it to rough cut the fabric for the Go. :lol: :lol:

The dies are not that expensive when you realize you get hundreds and hundreds of perfect cuts per die. If I didn't spend my money on dies I'd just spend it on something else. ;) ;)
    Old 10-11-2010, 03:41 PM

What is the difference in the baby go and the regular one besides the price?

I found the accuquilt go vol 1 with like everyting for around 900.00 I thought that was reasonable.
    Old 10-11-2010, 04:13 PM
    Power Poster

It really is reasonable. I SAY the dies are expensive...to ME they are, but I am single making minimum wage, so most things ar exensive, lol. But they ARE worth it, as Bella said, you can cut a billion pieces with one die.
    My Go was a gift from BF, and I already have some dies picked out for Christmas, lol!
    Old 10-11-2010, 04:27 PM

He sounds like a keeper ! :-):-D

"My Go was a gift from BF, and I already have some dies picked out for Christmas, lol!"
    Old 10-11-2010, 05:14 PM
    Power Poster

Aw, Thanks, justme2, he is a pretty good guy! He knows I dont like fancy meals out, or expensive clothes,or jewlry....just fabric, lol!
    Old 10-11-2010, 05:54 PM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by Berta48
    What is the difference in the baby go and the regular one besides the price?

I found the accuquilt go vol 1 with like everyting for around 900.00 I thought that was reasonable.
    The baby Go is smaller, of course, and will not take all of the dies that the regular Go has. For example, the baby Go can take only the 2-1/2" strip cutter die; it cannot handle the other strip cutter dies. If you scroll back in this thread, you will find a link to Accucut's chart listing which dies work with the baby Go.
    Old 10-11-2010, 06:03 PM

I saw the Baby Go since I "like" them on my facebook and even though the price is good, I'm still thinking I'd like to have the original Go..
    Old 10-11-2010, 06:51 PM

I haven't seen it mentioned yet....how long before the die gets dull and has to be replaced?

I may be aging myself :oops: but I remember, when I made my first quilt, I used some assorted sized squares that I had made out of cardboard cereal boxes. I laid the squares on my fabric and traced around them with a pen and then cut each of them out with scissors :shock: If I wanted to cut a strip then I took my yardstick and measured the width of the strip by putting marks on the fabric all along the length and then connected the dots and cut it on the line....with scissors...LOL!

I still remember the first time I saw someone use a rotary cutter (mid 1980's). I was in a LQS and needed fabric to make a ruffle. Not only did the owner cut the strip of fabric for me (I think she was enjoying her new toy--the rotary cutter, ruler and mat :mrgreen: ) but she also put it on her sewing machine and made the ruffle for me!! :shock: I was truly amazed at how fast the rotary cutter worked.