Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Introduce Yourself
Lots of quilters with dogs >

Lots of quilters with dogs

Lots of quilters with dogs

Old 10-28-2010, 03:47 PM

We have 5 female dogs that are all rescues. You can see by my avatar that we have a Great Dane named Journee. We also have two greyhounds, Sedona and Sage. Then we have a Yorkie Poo named Lacee and a Yorkie named Bailee. Bailee has lymphoma. Currently she is on her second round of chemo. Bailee and Lacee are always near my feet when I quilt. Occasionally I bring one of the big dogs in the room to but there isn't a lot of room left for a 138 lb. Dane. The Greyhounds really stretch out those long legs and take up a bunch of room too. But they are all sweeties and very close to my heart.
Old 10-28-2010, 03:49 PM

Wow, how cool are those!!!

Originally Posted by Roberta
I have two Borzoi, also known as Russian Wolfhounds.
Old 10-28-2010, 03:53 PM

Originally Posted by MaggieLou
I have two retired racing greyhounds. Lizzie is 11 and Dash is 14. My avatar is Frankie. He was 10 and died last December.
The one on the right is in what they call the "dead cockroach" position. Mine are like that all the time - on my leather couch!!
Old 10-28-2010, 04:13 PM

Welcome from another Arizonan. Right now at my computer in my sewing room, there is a dog laying beside me. I am usually falling over 1 or the other as both mine are over 50# and usually at least is under foot. Our younger dog was rescued last year and we adopted her from german shorthair rescue. She is a sweetie. My other GSP is 12 years old and has been my "puppy" for all those years. If I had a good picture of them I'd use it. Better get out that camera! :-)
Old 10-28-2010, 04:14 PM

Four dogs here - 3 Bichons (1 rescue) - love my 'white dogs'! If we're in the house, they are on or close to us. They prefer the leaf up on my sewing cabinet so they can lay on it to 'help' me sew! If the leaf isn't up, they are in the chair or on the padded sewing bench (white dogs on the floor? No, no, no!).

#4 is my mother's 15 year old(!) Heinz 57 rescue who came to live with us 2 years ago after my mother passed. She's pretty deaf (can hear the 'cookie' jar though) and doesn't see much. She likes to lay where ever I will want to walk (don't know how she knows....).
Old 10-28-2010, 04:20 PM

I have 4 cattle dogs, 3 of them are rescues and obviously mixes. Squaw is 7 and my main love. She has several agility titles, and obedience and rally titles. Super over achiever. Then there is Rex. Been abused by a man and was a mess when I got him. He is now a real lover boy and has learned to tolerate scary things. then there is Lyra. Was a feral dog. I rehabbed her and she is now in charge of holding now a couch and being a sweetie. Then there is Dally. (My avator) Turned into a kill shelter ar 4 weeks for biting. I at the time ran a rescue so of course we had to have him in the rescue and he never left. He has been a challenge but I'm winning all of the battles and he is turning in to a great dog. Just started agility and he loves it. There is never a dull moment at my house. We just moved and I have a nice large sewing room and everybody is banned from that room so I have room to work.
Old 10-28-2010, 04:21 PM

Welcome from Washington St USA
No dog now but yes we did in the past.
ConnieF
Old 10-28-2010, 04:45 PM

graduated from high school in WA St. Mom and brother live in Sequim/port Angeles now, I'm in Colorado
Old 10-28-2010, 04:57 PM

Love your minpin/chihuahua!! He looks a lot like my little guy that I call a chihuahua mix. Named MrT
Old 10-28-2010, 05:11 PM

your shepard is beautiful!