Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Links and Resources
Roll Roll, Cotton Boll! Mystery Part 1 >

Roll Roll, Cotton Boll! Mystery Part 1

Roll Roll, Cotton Boll! Mystery Part 1

Old 12-08-2010, 02:10 PM
Power Poster

I never do things the traditional way. I trim two edges on the back that meet at a corner, then I turn it over so I can see the front and I finish trimming. It is just the way I started out and I guess I am a creature of habit.
Old 12-08-2010, 02:12 PM
Power Poster

Yeah!!!!! I am finished with Part 3. I wonder what will be next on Friday for Part 4.

Part 3
[ATTACH=CONFIG]140121[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-140116.jpe  
Old 12-08-2010, 02:39 PM

I have only got 4 blocks done-as I went through my scraps I found very few neutrals. I guess I do more quilts with colors. I am having to cut strips to do these, but am again using some thrift store shirts for this part. I know I won't have them done before Part 4 is posted- only 2 more days!!
I am wondering if this step could be done just cutting 8 1/2 " squares instead of all the piecing- could save a lot of time since I don't have so many scraps to use up. HMMMMM-I guess I will just have to wait and see how this comes together.
Old 12-08-2010, 02:45 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by vbourck
I have only got 4 blocks done-as I went through my scraps I found very few neutrals. I guess I do more quilts with colors. I am having to cut strips to do these, but am again using some thrift store shirts for this part. I know I won't have them done before Part 4 is posted- only 2 more days!!
I am wondering if this step could be done just cutting 8 1/2 " squares instead of all the piecing- could save a lot of time since I don't have so many scraps to use up. HMMMMM-I guess I will just have to wait and see how this comes together.
I think it would probably be possible to use 8 1/2" squares. It is hard to know because we don't know what the finished quilt will look like. This was a lot of sewing!!! I don't know how some people finished so quickly. I guess I am just slow, which is okay with me.
Old 12-08-2010, 03:21 PM

Hey you guys are not that slow. I only have half of them done. Got too many "other" things that I have to do that I cannot spend all day sewing. Got our Christmas Decorations up this morning, and am going to make some Cranberry Bread and put in freezer for Christmas giving. Then I make lots of cookies. Don't have all my Christmas Shopping done yet either. Doesn't help that I've had a sinus infection for 2 weeks either. UGH.
Old 12-08-2010, 03:42 PM
Power Poster

JeanieG, Hop you are feelng better. Take care of yourself, those infections are not any fun.

Vicki, another idea I had was to make blocks using the tube method. You would have a certain amount of blocks that are the same, but it might work.
Old 12-08-2010, 05:05 PM

I just got some strips cut but didn't start sewing yet.

Hey JeanieG care to share that cranberry bread recipe with us?:-)
Old 12-08-2010, 07:35 PM

Originally Posted by craft phanatic
I just got some strips cut but didn't start sewing yet.

Hey JeanieG care to share that cranberry bread recipe with us?:-)
Yes sure thing - it makes 5 regular loafs, or lots of the mini loafs. I'll PM it to you, or do you think I should put it in the recipe section?
Old 12-08-2010, 08:20 PM

please put it in the recipe section!! would love to have it as well.

thanks!!
Old 12-08-2010, 08:33 PM

Originally Posted by JeanieG
Hey you guys are not that slow. I only have half of them done. Got too many "other" things that I have to do that I cannot spend all day sewing. Got our Christmas Decorations up this morning, and am going to make some Cranberry Bread and put in freezer for Christmas giving. Then I make lots of cookies. Don't have all my Christmas Shopping done yet either. Doesn't help that I've had a sinus infection for 2 weeks either. UGH.
Sounds to me like you're doing pretty good to be sick. When I get sick usually nothing gets done. Hope you feel better soon!