Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
October Secret Pal Swap Closes September 30th CLOSED >

October Secret Pal Swap Closes September 30th CLOSED

October Secret Pal Swap Closes September 30th CLOSED

Old 10-08-2011, 05:19 AM

And as usual, a beautiful package from Dotty. Love the Halloween stuff.
Old 10-08-2011, 05:24 AM

Originally Posted by JHolm
My SP package is just about ready and will be going out on Monday. Hope she likes it.
Where is it going Jeanne?
Old 10-08-2011, 05:51 AM

Originally Posted by Airwick156
Regional boxes. I recently went to mail a package to my brother in law and I had it all packed up in a Regional mail and my postmistress said that the Regional boxes are for business. It was expensive to mail so she had me put it in one of the flat rate boxes for about $20 cheaper. So you might want to check into them before you use them to mail stuff.

Originally Posted by carrot
Go online to UPS and check rates... The smallest box is roughly $5
as well as the envelope for Flat Rate, Medium box is $10 +Del Confirmation..
Thanks - I did go online. And thanks to info from Verna2197 I ordered some regional rate boxes. The sad thing is they won't be here for a few days and I have to mail by monday since I will be gone next week..... I should have plenty of boxes to pick from in November though :!: :!: :!: :!: :!:
[/quote]

I used a Regional A box to mail from Florida to Ct. It was $7.85. When I sent one to CHESTERFIELD, MI it was $6.55. I wouldn't use one to sent across the states, say to Washington. If your SP lives pretty close by, like on your side of the USA, it isn't that much. I set up an account with USPS.com. I have a digital scale, but even a food scale or bathroom scale will work will work to determine the weight. You type in your information on the form, then choose the size box, Regional a. Put in the weight and the Post office figures the cost for you. This way you know whether to use Regional A or Priority. You get about a .50 discount on your postage by printing the label online. There is no charge to use the US Postal Service online. You get to make the choice on which box to use. We have some really wonderful postal workers and then there are those that don't give a flip. They will give you mis information in a heartbeat. I know because I am mailing boxes to our military every month. 9 times out of 10, I tell my postal workers of new USPS info that they have not been made aware of yet. Do yourself a favor.........set up that account with USPS. I now only have to go to the PO for stamps.

I print labels on plain paper, cut it out and tape it on with wide clear tape. Oh, almost forgot, the post office will pick your packages up if you schedule a pickup. This does not apply to some people, especially if you live in a very rural area or have a delivery person that bids on the job and is delivering late at night.
Old 10-08-2011, 06:05 AM

OK Secret Pal, here is another hint.

(1) You have a dog that I would LOVE to meet! I love doggie kisses and I'll bet your does a good slobbery job in that respect.

(2) You love homemade things. I made you two. My sewing machine decided to quilt working so one item is not as special as I would like.
Old 10-08-2011, 06:17 AM

Originally Posted by grumpy90650
Another hint....

The WAYYYYY east of me will get their package on Saturday.

The one south and a WEEE east of me will ALSO get their package on Saturday.
hhmmm now if i could just figure out what is east and south of your sewing machine!!!
Just for you Grumpy, and some others....Im in Oregon!!!

thanks!! but drats, cant be me, i am a bit more then 'weee' southeast of you!!!!!
Old 10-08-2011, 06:20 AM

Originally Posted by Patty Patches
Dear SP;Your package will not be going out until Tuesday because the P.O. will be closed Monday.I could have mailed today but thought of something I wanted to add to package,think you will like it.Alittle hint for you;You have two of them,I only have one.ummm what could they be?And no it;s not feet.he-he
oohh, how may sp's do you have? i have two, do you only have one....is it me!!!!
Old 10-08-2011, 06:26 AM

Originally Posted by fayzer
Regional boxes. I recently went to mail a package to my brother in law and I had it all packed up in a Regional mail and my postmistress said that the Regional boxes are for business. It was expensive to mail so she had me put it in one of the flat rate boxes for about $20 cheaper. So you might want to check into them before you use them to mail stuff.

Originally Posted by carrot
Go online to UPS and check rates... The smallest box is roughly $5
as well as the envelope for Flat Rate, Medium box is $10 +Del Confirmation..
Thanks - I did go online. And thanks to info from Verna2197 I ordered some regional rate boxes. The sad thing is they won't be here for a few days and I have to mail by monday since I will be gone next week..... I should have plenty of boxes to pick from in November though :!: :!: :!: :!: :!:
I used a Regional A box to mail from Florida to Ct. It was $7.85. When I sent one to CHESTERFIELD, MI it was $6.55. I wouldn't use one to sent across the states, say to Washington. If your SP lives pretty close by, like on your side of the USA, it isn't that much. I set up an account with USPS.com. I have a digital scale, but even a food scale or bathroom scale will work will work to determine the weight. You type in your information on the form, then choose the size box, Regional a. Put in the weight and the Post office figures the cost for you. This way you know whether to use Regional A or Priority. You get about a .50 discount on your postage by printing the label online. There is no charge to use the US Postal Service online. You get to make the choice on which box to use. We have some really wonderful postal workers and then there are those that don't give a flip. They will give you mis information in a heartbeat. I know because I am mailing boxes to our military every month. 9 times out of 10, I tell my postal workers of new USPS info that they have not been made aware of yet. Do yourself a favor.........set up that account with USPS. I now only have to go to the PO for stamps.

I print labels on plain paper, cut it out and tape it on with wide clear tape. Oh, almost forgot, the post office will pick your packages up if you schedule a pickup. This does not apply to some people, especially if you live in a very rural area or have a delivery person that bids on the job and is delivering late at night.[/quote]

i can relate, i use regional a boxes all the time, and one time i went into my post office (where we have a very RUDE person working there) and thought i would take it to there, she did not even KNOW what a regional a box was, and so therefore, of course, i was the one that was wrong to use it!!!.....so now, i just use our automatic stamp machine in the lobby, or print postage at home, and i do not have to deal with her!!!..the region a boxes are flat rate depending on the zip they are going, so i do not even need a scale!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-08-2011, 06:35 AM

I know everytime I go online and five them all the info they need I have never paid over $5.50 for shipping and I do use the Regional A boxes. Like I said it will hold up to 4lbs, the mail carrier will pick it up, you do get confirmation included.

Did you know that you don't even have to go to the Post Office for stamps now? You can have them delivered straight to you home too.

I know what you mean about the Postal Workers. I am a retired Window Clerk and the ones nowadays just doesn't seem to have much knowledge. Plus they have old-timers (no offense anyone) at the windows that are so darn grumpy you don't even want them waiting on you. They need to retire but won't.
Old 10-08-2011, 06:40 AM

Originally Posted by grumpy90650
Originally Posted by Patty Patches
Dear SP;Your package will not be going out until Tuesday because the P.O. will be closed Monday.I could have mailed today but thought of something I wanted to add to package,think you will like it.Alittle hint for you;You have two of them,I only have one.ummm what could they be?And no it;s not feet.he-he
oohh, how may sp's do you have? i have two, do you only have one....is it me!!!!
Maybe sewing machines?? I only have one too,lol.
Old 10-08-2011, 06:42 AM

Grumpy Gina, where is YOUR package going? You never dropped any hints, come one, tease us a little :mrgreen: