Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
October Secret Pal Swap Closes September 30th CLOSED >

October Secret Pal Swap Closes September 30th CLOSED

October Secret Pal Swap Closes September 30th CLOSED

Old 10-08-2011, 08:53 AM

Dear Secret Pal, I will be sending you out your package on Tuesday since I went to the post office at 11:40 this morning and they were already cloesed not sure what is up with that. You will be getting some of your favorite fabric and your favorite drink which is hot chocolate:)
Old 10-08-2011, 08:57 AM

Originally Posted by fayzer
OK Secret Pal, here is another hint.

(1) You have a dog that I would LOVE to meet! I love doggie kisses and I'll bet your does a good slobbery job in that respect.

(2) You love homemade things. I made you two. My sewing machine decided to quilt working so one item is not as special as I would like.
My doggie would love to meet you too! He does give great doggie kisses. Oh and he loves homemade things too! :mrgreen:
Old 10-08-2011, 09:00 AM

Processed through Sort Facility

October 06, 2011, 11:25 pm

SAN JOSE, CA 95101

Expected Delivery By:
October 7, 2011
Delivery Confirmation™

SP, did you get this heavy thing yesterday?

Did the mailman fall down?
Old 10-08-2011, 09:11 AM

I received a beautiful box full of goodies from Liza63. Thank You, Liza

I will be sending my package to my SP Monday morning bright and early. Hint: She sounds like someone that will be fun to have around.
Old 10-08-2011, 09:18 AM

Originally Posted by grandme26

I will be sending my package to my SP Monday morning bright and early. Hint: She sounds like someone that will be fun to have around.
I don't think the PO is open on Monday - holiday. Better check before you go all the way there.
Old 10-08-2011, 09:22 AM

Oh no you won't!!! afraid nothing mail related is getting done on Monday. Columbus day. Federal holiday.

I have my SP package all ready to go! didn't make it to the post office in time , so it is going to have to wait till Tuesday.
My package is going to a state (maybe to the state of confusion after some hints).
She either likes fish theme or fishing not sure...
she lives in a state know for bodies of water...
thier state ranks first in state boat registrations...

its a state that is north of me.
Old 10-08-2011, 09:57 AM

I've noticed that the PO will over charge me. And I can't figure that out when I say I need the same postage rate in stamps as it cost to send it. And the last time I had to pay 58 cents more for stamps then it cost me to send it...now can someone tell me how this can happen....and it's not the first time either.
Old 10-08-2011, 09:57 AM

Originally Posted by CloverPatch

Oh no you won't!!! afraid nothing mail related is getting done on Monday. Columbus day. Federal holiday.

I have my SP package all ready to go! didn't make it to the post office in time , so it is going to have to wait till Tuesday.
My package is going to a state (maybe to the state of confusion after some hints).
She either likes fish theme or fishing not sure...
she lives in a state know for bodies of water...
thier state ranks first in state boat registrations...

its a state that is north of me.
Forgot!!!

:oops: :oops: :!: :!:
Old 10-08-2011, 10:05 AM
Swap Hosts

Originally Posted by koko
Originally Posted by Krystyna
And now for your amusement ... I assume none of you here are on the doll quilt swap ... here are some photos of an extremely frightening doll quilt I just made this month. My partner is a full fledged member of the Quilt Police, so I hope she has some Depends on hand when she opens the package.

I knew she liked cats. I happened to have an abundance of different cat squares on hand and also a shortage of time ... so I figured easy peasy. Black background. All was going swimmingly well -- even my terribly perfect binding ... until I noticed that I had sewn the seam on part of it on backwards. I ripped out my extremely swell seam ripper (an angel gift to me one month) and RRRRIIIIPPPPP! Right through the fabric. ARRGHHHHH. And I was on the last corner, too.

Well, no time to re-do the whole thing so ... when in doubt, smack on some lace! I've got plenty of that. Then it looked toooo black. I looked around and my eyes fell on shoebox full of gold and silver and multi-colored sequin and beaded trim that I would never use on a veil ... I should have left well enough alone. I broke two needles in the process ... and the needle on my embroidery machine which was running at the time broke one in sympathy!

So ... here is the monstrosity. I hope she has a sense of humor, but I don't think so ... too bad for her. Sadly the photos do not show it in all it's sparkling splendor.

BTW, Lori, our leading lunatic, said she liked it! :shock: :?: :shock: :?:
You missed your calling Krystyna - you should have been a writer - comedy of course...You always make me laugh out loud. What a gift
I used to write for a national satire magazine and a radio show that later turned into (fill in the blank) Night Live - and a lot of other places as well. My son's girlfriend didn't understand my sense of humor when they first started dating and was somewhat frightened, LOL. Now she just pats me on the head and says, "That's alright Mama. You'll feel better in the morning." :mrgreen:
Old 10-08-2011, 10:07 AM
Swap Hosts

I thought everyone was being verrrry quiet today, but then I checked and for some reason no message alerts for the last NINE pages!