Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
January secret Pal Sign Up Closes Dec 30th (noon) >

January secret Pal Sign Up Closes Dec 30th (noon)

January secret Pal Sign Up Closes Dec 30th (noon)

Old 01-11-2012, 05:29 AM

Originally Posted by Quilty-Louise View Post
I have a part-time, temp (2+ months) job that starts TOMORROW
I will be working 2-6pm.
On top of that I have school that starts on January 17.

Sooooooo with that being said I HOPE that I will be able to continue
having fun with the sp swaps, but we shall see how buried I become.

I truly hope that with working and school I will not have to drop from
the swaps I do so enjoy them.

Congrats on the new job
Old 01-11-2012, 05:43 AM

I have learned a new way to applique Using poster board and aluminium foil ..You draw your pattern onto the poster board, cut it out ..than cut your fabric about 1/2 larger than your pattern..Lay down a modest length of aluminium foil, put your fabric right side down onto the aluminium foil than put your pattern down on top of it..Than fold the foil towards the center of the pattern letting the fabric fold in tightly smooth the edges of your pattern to get out any bumps..Than press the foil down around the edges using a med/high setting on your iron..Turn pattern over and repeat on the top side..Wait for a few seconds for it to cool ..peel back the foil and remove and than carefully remove the poster board ..I got this tip from a website called Anna Maria Horner super circles ..She has some pretty good tips ..Diana

Last edited by Diana Lynne; 01-11-2012 at 05:47 AM.
Old 01-11-2012, 05:54 AM

Originally Posted by Diana Lynne View Post
I have learned a new way to applique Using poster board and aluminium foil ..You draw your pattern onto the poster board, cut it out ..than cut your fabric about 1/2 larger than your pattern..Lay down a modest length of aluminium foil, put your fabric right side down onto the aluminium foil than put your pattern down on top of it..Than fold the foil towards the center of the pattern letting the fabric fold in tightly smooth the edges of your pattern to get out any bumps..Than press the foil down around the edges using a med/high setting on your iron..Turn pattern over and repeat on the top side..Wait for a few seconds for it to cool ..peel back the foil and remove and than carefully remove the poster board ..I got this tip from a website called Anna Maria Horner super circles ..She has some pretty good tips ..Diana
I do my circles like this with xray film, so easy
Old 01-11-2012, 05:57 AM

My SP package has left my house! It is headed if I were driving from my house to hers, south for a bit then it goes west for a bit then it goes south for a long distance then it goes east a bit. My SP lives what appears to be smack dab in the middle of her state. You wouldn't want the first letter of the name of her town on your report card, but would love to have the letter of her first name on that report card.
Old 01-11-2012, 06:05 AM

Originally Posted by Quilty-Louise View Post
I have a part-time, temp (2+ months) job that starts TOMORROW
I will be working 2-6pm.
On top of that I have school that starts on January 17.

Sooooooo with that being said I HOPE that I will be able to continue
having fun with the sp swaps, but we shall see how buried I become.

I truly hope that with working and school I will not have to drop from
the swaps I do so enjoy them.

I don't know where you find the time Louise to do all you do now? PT work oft times evolves into a full-time position if that is what you desire. Always remember to take time for yourself dear heart so don't get too busy to refresh yourself with 'me' time.
Old 01-11-2012, 06:16 AM

I don't want to get anyone's knickers in a twist with this question but I've been pondering this since I joined this fun swap. This may have been discussed before I became active on this board so I'm just throwing this out there for thoughtful consideration.

I personally would NOT feel bad should I see something I sent to a SP in an earlier swap show up (in a posted picture) later in another SP package. If someone should re-gift something you sent them in a previous month would you be offended?

I personally could NOT/would NEVER, re-gift a handmade gift a SP or anyone made for me, but say for instance someone sent me a purple thang and I already have a purple thang or say a piece of fabric that I might never use, would it be tacky to send it on to someone else within this swap?

Last edited by onaemtnest; 01-11-2012 at 06:22 AM.
Old 01-11-2012, 06:21 AM

Originally Posted by onaemtnest View Post
My SP package has left my house! It is headed if I were driving from my house to hers, south for a bit then it goes west for a bit then it goes south for a long distance then it goes east a bit. My SP lives what appears to be smack dab in the middle of her state. You wouldn't want the first letter of the name of her town on your report card, but would love to have the letter of her first name on that report card.
Fabulous clues Onalee! The directions confirm it is not coming my way, but the report card clues would be fitting...I wouldn't want an Incomplete but would love a Most Improved!!! Speaking of Most Improved...Just yesterday I received the Most Improved Bowling Average award for the Season at our Bowling Banquet! Up 6 pins to an average of 138
Old 01-11-2012, 06:26 AM

Hope you can stay with us and you are one busy lady and dont know how you juffle all this.
Old 01-11-2012, 06:26 AM

Originally Posted by thomp116 View Post
OK, Candi...when you say you know who my pal is, do you mean you know who I am sending to - or do you know who is sending to me? If it's the first, please don't spill the beans. If it is the second, who, who, who, who, who???????
the first and I am not spelling any beans...actually I never like spelling beans, I like to eat 'em.
Old 01-11-2012, 06:28 AM

What wonderful news!