Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • weight loss challenge with a prize sign up.....ends March 2 @8am >
  • weight loss challenge with a prize sign up.....ends March 2 @8am

• weight loss challenge with a prize sign up.....ends March 2 @8am

Old 03-20-2011, 01:37 PM

Originally Posted by purplemem
    Tru,
    Better you know his character now than when you've invested even more in the relationship. I commiserate with you. Sending you a big, big HUG.

Missy's family is back, now I won't get to call her every night. :cry: This has been a lot of fun for me.

I gained back to 272, but today I did something positive and went to the gym. I walked 1/2 mile and rode a bicycle 1 mile. For me this was awesome effort!

Carrie, I saw a preacher on tv today from your neck of the woods. Hope Chapel, or something like that. Not sure about the sermon, but he tried hard.

Sandy, glad you are back home. Gkids are great but there's no place like home.
    MJ,
    VERY proud of you going to the gym!!!! That is a great positive thing to do.
    Old 03-20-2011, 04:13 PM

congrates on the gym.... It's like a death sentence to me to the gym.... if I have move, I want to be out in nature and enjoy the breeze and critters..Hopefully, we will warming up now. we are getting in or near 40 degrees now.. the snow is slowly melting.. I plan to ride my bike more this summer. Otherwise, I get my exercise from going up and down the stairs.
    Good to see everyone home again.. I know how it is, get away from home and I stuff my face with all the wrong foods. I'm back on the wagon. Wt in tomorrow.
    Old 03-20-2011, 04:23 PM
    Power Poster

Location: Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!

Howdy everybody!! I'm just checking in. I had a busy day. I decided to clean off the back porch and let Eli play outside all day. It has been a beautiful day even tho it was sunny and 81. The teenagers were even in a good mood until it was time to wash the dishes, I just about kicked corey out. I don't know what makes him think he gets to decide if he is gonna wash the dishes or not. As soon as I said get the hell out of my house he washed the dishes without another word. Ok enough of my whinning and back to your regularly scheduled program.
    Old 03-20-2011, 04:45 PM

Carrie they change their tunes when they hit 18. I told my son at that time it was "My way or the highway." and his reply was "You can't kick me out, I'll starve." They get a whole new prespective on life when they have to foot the bill.

I'm not complaining I have wonderful children. They turned out to be people I would like to know.
    Old 03-20-2011, 07:32 PM

LOL.. my kids just found out I refilled the cereal boxes with cheap off beat brands. They didn't "like" off brand cereal... I was a single mom, u do what u have to do to feed em....they are grown now and are feeling the tight budgets themselves.
    I remember the day my oldest called me ( after he had moved out and was on his own)"MOM! Did u know u can buy groceries at the dollar store?!" DUH!
    Old 03-20-2011, 08:05 PM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by CAROLJ
    Carrie they change their tunes when they hit 18. I told my son at that time it was "My way or the highway." and his reply was "You can't kick me out, I'll starve." They get a whole new prespective on life when they have to foot the bill.

I'm not complaining I have wonderful children. They turned out to be people I would like to know.
    I think I really scared him tonight because he was on his best behavior. I told his Dad what I did and my son said you can't kick me out. Well hubby said you had better straighten out or your Mom is gonna do it and I can't stop her. So maybe he will behave better for a few days.
    I took his computer privileges away tonight. He hates not being able to get on the computer.
    Old 03-20-2011, 08:07 PM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by bluteddi
    LOL.. my kids just found out I refilled the cereal boxes with cheap off beat brands. They didn't "like" off brand cereal... I was a single mom, u do what u have to do to feed em....they are grown now and are feeling the tight budgets themselves.
    I remember the day my oldest called me ( after he had moved out and was on his own)"MOM! Did u know u can buy groceries at the dollar store?!" DUH!
    My kids were raised on generic brands except for Mac and Cheese it must be kraft. My DM does this to my Dad. LOL!!
    Old 03-20-2011, 08:33 PM

oh yeah.. KRAFT mac and cheese is one of the BRAND items I insist on!!!

geee I miss mac and cheese..

sigh.... I must lose wt... I must lose wt...... I must lose wt
    Old 03-20-2011, 08:36 PM
    Banned

I ate like a pig.......sigh........I thought I ould be better. I was good all day until tonight. I had dinner and after dinner I was hungry so what did I have you ask..........a grilled ham and swiss on rye with a BIG glass of chocolate milk. That wasn't enough I then has tahini and raspberry jam with a BIG glass of milk. JUST KILL ME ALREADY!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Old 03-20-2011, 08:41 PM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by trupeach1
    I ate like a pig.......sigh........I thought I ould be better. I was good all day until tonight. I had dinner and after dinner I was hungry so what did I have you ask..........a grilled ham and swiss on rye with a BIG glass of chocolate milk. That wasn't enough I then has tahini and raspberry jam with a BIG glass of milk. JUST KILL ME ALREADY!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Oh Tru it's alright. It's ok if you only do that everyonce in a while. Remember it's the all the time snacking that bits you in the butt. How is your visit going?