Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • ASked my DH for help, and well.... >
  • ASked my DH for help, and well....

• ASked my DH for help, and well....

Old 10-11-2011, 09:14 AM

Originally Posted by chelgvns
    Originally Posted by Jim
    Problem is ...trying to do maintenance on a machine without reading instructions and not knowing what needs oil/greased in the first place be it husband or you...sorry you are having troubles but the fault seems 50/50
    I'm not intending to blame him entirely for the issue....I already said I wasnt sure what I was doing hence I asked him for help! I just didn't want to make it worse myself...hence I asked for help here.
    This reminds me of the time I asked my DH to help with a loose screw on my DD Oboe for band. The concert was in a few days, and well ....He did "help". He tightened EVERY scew on the Oboe. Then it wouldn't make any sound, because he had tightened down the covers for the holes that make the notes! We had to take it to a repair shop for an emergency repair to get it back in time for the concert.
    Engineers....gotta love 'em, but you gotta get them away from somethings machanical.
    You can go from here, and not make this mistake again. But give him a big hug and don't tell him he screwed it up if you want to stay happy with him. :)
    Old 10-11-2011, 10:07 AM

Originally Posted by true4uca
    Originally Posted by tmw
    some of the new machines don't need oiling????!!!
    No oiling anywhere on mine. I've read some only need oil on bobbin. Every machine is different. My old machine reallly likes oil. :thumbup:
    I have a Baby Lock Espire. The manual doesn't speak of oiling at all. I went to a machine maintenance class at the LQS and the teacher showed us all the places to oil the machine (even if they say not to). I haven't tried oiling it though.
    Old 10-12-2011, 03:24 AM

Now is the time to take it to a professional. Call your local quilt shop for a reference.
    Old 10-12-2011, 03:53 AM

LOL, I agree with you alika....

Suggest you quietly take your machine to the "machine clinic" and have them give it the once over. Save yourself the frustration of trying to do it yourself. By no means do you tell hubby (unless you're one of THOSE wives) :>). You know the ones I mean, just can't keep anything from DH.
    Old 10-14-2011, 04:09 PM

My DH took my brother apart to oil and clean like my Kenmores well long story short the repair man was very nice and put it back together right and said that Brother machines don't need oiling and it would be cheaper to let him clean it yearly. Cost us $50. that time. Lesson learned but not all DH's fault I asked him to do it. Maybe if your lucky from trying all that thread to get the oil out maybe some thread caught inside. Good luck. sue
    Old 10-24-2011, 03:41 PM

I think you should take it to the shop.