Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
I LOST IT! >

I LOST IT!

I LOST IT!

Old 10-25-2011, 09:16 AM

OUCH! I'm always losing things! I have a room to turn into a sewing/quilting room but this has been a really crazy year for me and have not been able to get to it so half my stuff is in a storage unit across town and half stuffed in closets. Just the other day, I needed my pressing bars to make stems for an applique quilt I'm working on and I couldn't find them anywhere. So I ended up buying a whole new set!! That was a pain in my pocket!!! This past year it seems I've had to buy double of what I already have, including fabric! I know I will have to kick myself later! :cry:
Old 10-25-2011, 09:49 AM

My entire house is a Black Hole!
Old 10-25-2011, 09:50 AM

I am always missplacing things, never fails. Even lost my eyeglasses and still cannot find them, sheesh. Yep, getting older. lol :)
Old 10-25-2011, 09:54 AM

One Christmas, I was busy wrapping the zillion presents I needed to get wrapped as well as packaging a bunch for shipping. I get half way through, and can't find the scotch tape...black hole! I go fetch another roll of tape and continue on my quest. After sealing about four more shipping packages, I get ready to start on the next pile and now can't find the scissors! Of course, black hole again. So I fetch another pair of scissors and complete the task. For days and days I searched for the scissors (they were a favorite) to no avail. The tape I didn't care about. Well Christmas day comes and I get two very special phone calls. My mother-in-law called and asked me why I included scissors in with her sweater??? DUH. Can you guess what my sister asked me about her scarf when she opened it! That's where the other end of the black hole is, in case you're wondering. Do you need either one of their numbers?
Old 10-25-2011, 10:25 AM

Yes, and it is a massive one! :lol: :lol:
Old 10-25-2011, 10:44 AM

Just now I found where the Poltergeists had hidden all my iron-on decorations. For weeks I'd been searching and in desperation this morning I decided I would have to substitute buttons for the iron-ons, so I opened my mom's old button box and VIOLA! guess what I found! My iron is busy heating up.
Old 10-25-2011, 11:27 AM

I hide things from myself all the time then go crazy until I find it. AND I must find it before I do anything else, if I leave myself a note, I forget where I put the note. It usually wakes me up in the middle of the night since I often relegate the search to my subconsciouse when all ele fails. (this is called the light bulb moment and occurs when we shift from the conscious side of the brain to the other side which knows exactly where it is and etc.) Good Luck on your search, it will be in the last place that your look.lol
Old 10-25-2011, 11:28 AM

Definitely, and it sure is annoying.
Old 10-25-2011, 12:18 PM

Originally Posted by kriscraft99
I don't know if there is a black hole in my house but I know there is one in my brain. I'm always misplacing something!
Ditto!!!!
Old 10-25-2011, 01:25 PM

Or how about the time my son and I came home from grocery shopping and he was putting away supplies. The next morning we wanted bacon for breakfast. Where was the bacon? Certainly not in the fridge. We looked and looked; no bacon to be found. Days later we found it in the kitchen junk drawer. Ewww!