Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
OBW fabric.  How did I do? >

OBW fabric. How did I do?

OBW fabric. How did I do?

Old 01-02-2012, 07:17 AM

Super job!!! Especially for a beginner quilter. I'd love to do one of those too, but haven't got the guts to try it yet..... one of these days!!
Old 01-02-2012, 07:18 AM

Wow! I would have never thought you could get that much variety from from that fabric. You did very well and taught me something too!
Old 01-02-2012, 07:26 AM

You have given me a therapeutic kick in the pants. I have fabric similar to yours in color and pattern that I was considering for a one-block-wonder......only it is at least 50 years old... un-finished drapes of glazed chintz that my grandmother 'gifted' to my DM who added it to her stash, which is now mine. Seeing what you have done is inspiring me to stack it up and start. Thank you for sharing.
Old 01-02-2012, 07:33 AM

Isn't amazing how you can get so many different looks from the same fabric? I made a couple of these when I first started quilting and it was so inspiring. It gave me more confidence to trust my " eye" when putting a more traditional sampler together. Love the process you're using and you've gotten spectacular results!
Old 01-02-2012, 07:37 AM
elm

Thanks for letting me know so quickly!
Old 01-02-2012, 07:46 AM

Originally Posted by Greenheron View Post
You have given me a therapeutic kick in the pants. I have fabric similar to yours in color and pattern that I was considering for a one-block-wonder......only it is at least 50 years old... un-finished drapes of glazed chintz that my grandmother 'gifted' to my DM who added it to her stash, which is now mine. Seeing what you have done is inspiring me to stack it up and start. Thank you for sharing.
Your drapery fabric sounds fabulous! What a neat story behind what will become something beautiful. If you get yours under way, please post photos! I'd love to see what you do with it!
Old 01-02-2012, 07:51 AM

Originally Posted by gardnergal970 View Post
Isn't amazing how you can get so many different looks from the same fabric? I made a couple of these when I first started quilting and it was so inspiring. It gave me more confidence to trust my " eye" when putting a more traditional sampler together. Love the process you're using and you've gotten spectacular results!
It seems a lot of people think it's an advanced technique? If that were true, I wouldn't have tried it. It's sort of tricky to start, but once you begin cutting, it's sort of downhill to the fun part--seeing what becomes of your cuts! And I agree...I already feel more confident in what I'm looking at and my sewing. I think I needed to trust myself more all along.
Old 01-02-2012, 08:14 AM

I love it!! Also like the use of the paper plates - I have never done that. Looking forward to seeing more of this quilt as it grows!!
Old 01-02-2012, 08:21 AM

Originally Posted by Scissor Queen View Post
I can see why it was on the clearance rack. It's kinda on the ugly side but you improved it BIG TIME!!! It'll be a smashing OBW!! Isn't it nice nobody else saw the true potential in this fabric and left it for you!!
That's my thought as well. I would have totally passed on that fabric but I LOVE the octagons!
Old 01-02-2012, 08:24 AM

Great Job! I love the way the fabric you picked has so many variations.