Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Calling all Message Board Lurkers! >

Calling all Message Board Lurkers!

Calling all Message Board Lurkers!

Old 06-22-2010, 01:15 PM

I'm reading posts every day from work. I get a notice from Konstantin - QuiltedParadise, with a link to this board. The only problem is, I'm always a day behind.!
Old 06-22-2010, 01:27 PM

I am really bad about lurking but it is hard for me to read/post, etc while working... (I still work from home and always get work through emails and then I have to stop lurking and go to work). I do not turn on the computer during the weekends. I will say that I love this board, I have posted questions and some pics and you all have been very nice and helpful. I do not have anyone around me that quilts so this is my quilt quild and I love you all so very much... Well, gotta go, just got another loan to work on.
Old 06-22-2010, 01:47 PM

Yes, I have been a lurker and have learned a lot from this board and enjoy all your pictures of all yu lovely quilts
Old 06-22-2010, 01:58 PM

Originally Posted by GrammaNan
So you peek in to the board and drool over all of the beautiful quilts and learn something new everyday but for some reason you don't post or dive in and answer questions or ask questions. It took me months of lurking to finally get up the courage to post or reply and now I am having so much fun.

I dare all of you "Lurkers" to post and let us know you are out there!
I felt shy at first because I'm not the world's best quilter and felt a little intimidated. You all talked about things I'd never heard of and then I began to learn. Now I pop in whenever I feel I have something to contribute or am looking for a pattern or answer. This is how I found my eagle pattern..Quilting board members do not bite.
Old 06-22-2010, 02:54 PM
Google Goddess

Welcome, everyone glad you came out to visit with us! If you have any ? please post and create a new topic on the main thread (give it a title name so we will know what your ? is) , this is a friendly group of quilters from all over the world Ladies and guys
Old 06-22-2010, 02:57 PM
Google Goddess

please post your new message on the main page, with a title we will know what your ? is so others can help you

Originally Posted by sewgirl
OK here goes a lurker question :!: I am trying to teach myself applique and the method I am using is with freezer paper and glue. To remove the freezer paper I make a slit in the back of the base fabric, dampen and then tweeze out. Question is: will this cut become a problem in the future of this (will receive many washings) quilt :?: ie; unravel, bunch up or show thru to top fabric.
I've got lots more questions but will pace myself.

Cyndee in NC
Old 06-22-2010, 03:13 PM
Banned

ok i will admit i am afraid to post I have been involved with groups before and it got ugly. I will get over my fear because from what I see you are some of the kindest quilters I have found. Thank you for letting me join your group! Nikki
Old 06-22-2010, 03:17 PM

Originally Posted by GrammaNan
So you peek in to the board and drool over all of the beautiful quilts and learn something new everyday but for some reason you don't post or dive in and answer questions or ask questions. It took me months of lurking to finally get up the courage to post or reply and now I am having so much fun.

I dare all of you "Lurkers" to post and let us know you are out there!
I'm here. :oops:
Old 06-22-2010, 03:36 PM

OK, I was a "lurker" for a few months before I got brave enough to post something I thought would be a "valuable" contribution. I'm a fairly new quilter (seriously for about two years) and have learned lots since spending time on this forum. (I never knew about starch!) Thanks for all the tips, inspiration and beautiful quilt show! I'm glad I found you all.
Old 06-22-2010, 03:40 PM
Power Poster

great dare.