Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
CLOSED  July Secret Pal Sign Up Closes July 1st >

CLOSED July Secret Pal Sign Up Closes July 1st

CLOSED July Secret Pal Sign Up Closes July 1st

Old 07-20-2011, 10:52 AM

Originally Posted by Lori Peercy
No sad faces now, They are coming I promise!
see the thing is I bought more cresent rolls just in case my squishies or at least one of them didn't come today, now I'm going to have make more pecan sticky buns tomorrow morning and too many days of that and I will have to buy a bigger lazy-boy, lol
Old 07-20-2011, 11:06 AM

Originally Posted by mimom
Originally Posted by Lori Peercy
No sad faces now, They are coming I promise!
see the thing is I bought more cresent rolls just in case my squishies or at least one of them didn't come today, now I'm going to have make more pecan sticky buns tomorrow morning and too many days of that and I will have to buy a bigger lazy-boy, lol
Dang - I forgot the rolls when I was in the store today. Will just have to run out and get them...thank goodness the store is less than 5 minutes away ....on second thought if these are as good as they look I may be in trouble...
Old 07-20-2011, 11:11 AM

OK, I am giving in to my DH. He wants me to make the sticky buns. Can someone give me the recipe? Please!!!

Thanks in advance!!
Old 07-20-2011, 11:21 AM

Originally Posted by Linda58
OK, I am giving in to my DH. He wants me to make the sticky buns. Can someone give me the recipe? Please!!!

Thanks in advance!!

melt 1/2 stick butter or margarine and pour in bottom of 9x9 pan, then mix 2 Tablespoons brown sugar and 1/3c white sugar with 1 tablespoon of cinnamon, sprinkle in bottom of pan over the butter. Then sprinkle pecans or walnuts over that and add sliced cresent rolls over the top and bake for 15 to 20 min, I have a square plate that I flip the pan over on when done.
Old 07-20-2011, 11:32 AM

Yahoo! I received my SP package Monday. I just picked up batteries so I can post a picture of my awesome package. I love, love, love every thing... I have been wanting to learn paper piecing now I have a book to go by!! Look at the beautiful fabrics and the chic pincushion... so cute and will get used thats for sure.. and a well needed seam ripper and note pad! Thank you very much RoseL!
Attached Thumbnails attachment-229339.jpe  
Old 07-20-2011, 11:45 AM

Look what I got today from my SP "Chereth"!!! I love it, love it, love it!!! Some black/white and red fabric to add to my collection for a b/w/r quilt I'm collecting for, Werther's....MmmMmm...and these are a caramel/coffee blend....I've tested one....two...or three already and they are tasty with that added umph!! The cutest embroidery scissors, emery board and the coolest tiny rotary cutter!!! Love it all!! Thank you so much "Chereth!!!!"
Attached Thumbnails attachment-229347.jpe  
Old 07-20-2011, 12:00 PM

Originally Posted by Moedeenie
Originally Posted by tedytrser
Originally Posted by reeskylr
Ok, you girls with the Janet Evanovich books, I had to go find one and read some excerpts. Yeah, yeah, I bought the first three used. lol
Oh my what have I started LOL
Thanks for the heads up tedytrser! I have been searching for a good summer read. Looks like you have started a Janet Evanovich reading frenzy. I also bought the first three books. Cannot wait to delve into the life of Stephanie Plum!!! Thanks again!
I started reading the first book today. I love it.
Old 07-20-2011, 12:02 PM

Originally Posted by shawnemily
Originally Posted by Rita's mom
Ok with all of the talk about these books I am courious. I am going to have to figure out which is the first in the series.
Can anyone share what they are about or are they all different?
They are a series that starts with One For the Money and goes all the way to Eighteen (something). Stephanie Plum loses her job as a lingerie sales girl so she goes to work for her Uncle Vinnie (the black sheep of the family) who is a bail bondsman. She hooks up with one of the skips: an ex "ho" who dresses in spandex and colorful outfits. They get into all kinds of hysterical predicaments. Stephanie's boyfriend Joe (a cop) and a friend Ranger (sexy hunk with a security business) are always rescuing them. Put her Grandma Masur in the mix and it is just non stop "laugh until you cry funny!
Reading book one now. Dinner will never be the same at the Plum house that's for sure.
Old 07-20-2011, 12:03 PM

Lovely packages ladies. It is so great to see them all arriving. This month seems to be going so well, tho I see we have had a fair share of stalkers! :lol:
Old 07-20-2011, 12:03 PM

[quote=Linda58]Here is a list of the Janet Evanovish novels.

Stephanie Plum Series

One for the Money
Two for the Dough
Three to Get Deadly
Four to Score
High Five
Hot Six
Seven Up
Hard Eight
Visions of Sugar Plums
To the Nines
Ten Big Ones
Eleven on Top
Twelve Sharp
Plum Lovin'
Lean Mean Thirteen
Plum Lucky
Fearless Fourteen
Plum Spooky
Finger Lickin' Fifteen
Sizzling Sixteen
Smokin' Seventeen

I like to listen to the unabridged audio books. You get all the New Jersy accents, and listening to Lula is hilarious.[/quote

Hi Linda,

Thanks for the list in reading order.