Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Weight loss challenge with a prize Jan 2011 sign up ..........closes Jan 2@ 8am EST >

Weight loss challenge with a prize Jan 2011 sign up ..........closes Jan 2@ 8am EST

Weight loss challenge with a prize Jan 2011 sign up ..........closes Jan 2@ 8am EST

Old 01-07-2011, 04:37 PM

Originally Posted by NannySandy
Man, when you miss any amt of time on here, you come back to pages and pages. I love it! The posts here keep me motivated and going. Thanks everyone for posting so often. Thanks Missy for your much needed humor!!!

Yesterday I went for physical therapy. As I walk up to the counter to sign in, the receptionist was eating a scrumptious looking dessert. Well....that got my mind to racing, thinking how I would love to have some kind of dessert. Thank goodness I couldn't leave for the next hr or I probably would have made a quick dash to the bakery. During my hour of PT, I got to thinking about how good I have done this week with my food choices and exercise. I do NOT want to set myself back a week. So I had an hr to talk myself out of eating something fattenting. When I left PT, I came straight home, where there is nothing fattening to eat. YEAH me!!!!

I wasn't going to weigh myself until tomorrow, with tomorrow being 1 wk of dieting, but decided after the close call of bakery goods yesterday, I should weigh myself to see the results of my doing so good. I am thrilled........I have lost 5.7 lbs. YEAH ME!!!!!!! I was at 257.1 this morning. My next goal is for 8 lbs, which will get me out of the 250's. I am now so psyched up into doing good. Go away bakery goods!!!!!! I will NEVER see 262.8 lbs on my scales again. NEVER!!!!!! Sandy
Way to go Sandy! The talking yourself out of bakery goods is even better than the weight loss, and 5.7 lbs is great!
Old 01-07-2011, 05:11 PM

I went to the hospital today to weigh and thank goodness I did!! My scale did not weigh me correctly. I now weight 391.1 pounds. That means that since January 1 I have lost 8.9 pounds!! This month is starting off good and with the exercise I have been doing I think things are finally starting to pay off for me.

Next week I begin yoga and I am very happy about that. I will continue to walk the two miles 3x a week at the indoor pool.

SOOO...YEAH!!! The surgeon said today that I could lose 15-20 pounds this month because of my base weight and the activity/nutrition plan that I am following!!! I am so happy about that!!

Oh well. I am so glad to finally have some good numbers to report. I started out at 466.00 and now I am at 391.1!! I am a happy girl tonight!

Missy
Attached Thumbnails attachment-155760.jpe  
Old 01-07-2011, 05:12 PM

Yippee!! That is wonderful Missy!!!!
Old 01-07-2011, 05:29 PM

Love the turtle Jennifer-sooo cute!!!
Keep on truckin everyone-one foot in front of the other and plent of water :-)
Way to go Missy!!! So happy for you.
I have lost 6 pounds since January 1 and I think the water versus soda has a huge part in that!
HUgs
April
Old 01-07-2011, 05:37 PM
BMP

Missy not to rain on your parade but almost all scales weigh you in at a different weight, your correct loss will only be true if you weigh on the same scale that you weighed on in the beginning.My home scale and my Dr are never the same even if weigh myslef on both within hours of each other, I have done it to compare....
Glad to hear that you are going down the scale so well....
Old 01-07-2011, 05:55 PM

Originally Posted by BMP
Missy not to rain on your parade but almost all scales weigh you in at a different weight, your correct loss will only be true if you weigh on the same scale that you weighed on in the beginning.My home scale and my Dr are never the same even if weigh myslef on both within hours of each other, I have done it to compare....
Glad to hear that you are going down the scale so well....
I totally understand the same scale thing. This is why I weighed on the hospital scale on the 31st. I will no longer weigh here at home. I will always weigh in at the hospital now. The doctor and the bariatric coordinator both said that because I am as big as I am that regular house scales will not weigh me accurately. The scale at the hospital is one that is built into the floor and the weight limit is 800 pounds. So, it will be the most accurate one available to me until I lose at least 150 more pounds.

It seems so unlikely that I will be able to do this. But, the surgeon and the bariatric coordinator said that they are confident that I can do this without surgery. That would be so awesome but we will see.

I just want to be able to walk without pain and be able to do things like normal people. PLUS I am still beating myself up for allowing myself to get so heavy. Oh well. I cannot change that at all. I can only do what I can today.

My parents tonight are having a HUGE poker tournemont here at our house so there is going to be food galore here and I just finished eating a ton of baby carrots, fruit and popcorn. I am good for now.

I hope everyone else is doing well!

Missy
Old 01-07-2011, 06:04 PM

Originally Posted by MissyGirl
I went to the hospital today to weigh and thank goodness I did!! My scale did not weigh me correctly. I now weight 391.1 pounds. That means that since January 1 I have lost 8.9 pounds!! This month is starting off good and with the exercise I have been doing I think things are finally starting to pay off for me.

Next week I begin yoga and I am very happy about that. I will continue to walk the two miles 3x a week at the indoor pool.

SOOO...YEAH!!! The surgeon said today that I could lose 15-20 pounds this month because of my base weight and the activity/nutrition plan that I am following!!! I am so happy about that!!

Oh well. I am so glad to finally have some good numbers to report. I started out at 466.00 and now I am at 391.1!! I am a happy girl tonight!

Missy
OMG! Congratulations! That is absolutely fantastic!

I'm just happy to see the numbers not go up. I'm "on cycle" this week. Even though I've already been through menopause (confirmed by a doctor's blood test) I still get monthly swings and shakes. I can only think that my body doesn't want to give up. So, New Year's Day, I weighed 249.8. Over the next two days it shot up to 252.8 and has been creeeeeeeepppiinnngggg steadily downward and today I saw 251 even. I keep hoping for a whoosh!
Old 01-07-2011, 06:07 PM

Originally Posted by remclave
Originally Posted by MissyGirl

Missy
OMG! Congratulations! That is absolutely fantastic!

I'm just happy to see the numbers not go up. I'm "on cycle" this week. Even though I've already been through menopause (confirmed by a doctor's blood test) I still get monthly swings and shakes. I can only think that my body doesn't want to give up. So, New Year's Day, I weighed 249.8. Over the next two days it shot up to 252.8 and has been creeeeeeeepppiinnngggg steadily downward and today I saw 251 even. I keep hoping for a whoosh!
That whoosh will happen just maybe not all at once. :)

You are still doing great!

Missy
Old 01-07-2011, 06:14 PM
BMP

Missy are you considering bariatric bypass ?? I know several people who have been sucessful with the lap band and its less invasive.

I give you lots and lots of kudos for losing on your own, its a hard long road but in the end much safer than other methods. Congrats on your loss so far.

I havent dared get on the scales yet, usually I can tell if I am losing but for some reason I am not getting it yet. I am just hoping its because I have started back to regular excerise and my muscles are storing water/fluid for repair. they are certainly sore. I cant beleive how fast you can lose muscle tone, its only been a few months and I feel like its been a few years since I have worked out. I wont do this to myself again.
Old 01-07-2011, 06:19 PM

Originally Posted by BMP
Missy are you considering bariatric bypass ?? I know several people who have been sucessful with the lap band and its less invasive.

I give you lots and lots of kudos for losing on your own, its a hard long road but in the end much safer than other methods. Congrats on your loss so far.

I havent dared get on the scales yet, usually I can tell if I am losing but for some reason I am not getting it yet. I am just hoping its because I have started back to regular excerise and my muscles are storing water/fluid for repair. they are certainly sore. I cant beleive how fast you can lose muscle tone, its only been a few months and I feel like its been a few years since I have worked out. I wont do this to myself again.
I went through the preliminary process to have the lap band. My mom had the lap band done 18 months ago.

I really am trying hard to do this on my own and not with surgery. I know it will take me much longer but the things that my mom has gone through is something I really do not want to happen to me.

Missy