Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Weight loss challenge with a prize Jan 2011 sign up ..........closes Jan 2@ 8am EST >

Weight loss challenge with a prize Jan 2011 sign up ..........closes Jan 2@ 8am EST

Weight loss challenge with a prize Jan 2011 sign up ..........closes Jan 2@ 8am EST

Old 01-08-2011, 09:27 AM

Funny how we are sizing up the competition and picking out the fat 4 we are sending-me included:) ALREADY and there are 3 weeks to go.......
Old 01-08-2011, 09:34 AM
Power Poster

Location: Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!

Originally Posted by plainjane
Funny how we are sizing up the competition and picking out the fat 4 we are sending-me included:) ALREADY and there are 3 weeks to go.......
Not me!! I want these this month. LOL!!
Old 01-08-2011, 01:12 PM

Got bad news today. Nothing earth shattering I guess, but it still stinks.

We are AD military and move around quite a bit. We moved here (FL) 1.5 yrs ago, and I haven't really found a BFF yet, like I do at most of our duty stations. As a military wife, this is important to me - I stay home with the kids, and homeschool the oldest one - and I NEED a buddy.

Of course, I could find a homeschool mom, or another quilter, or whatever, but there are things about this way of life that makes having another mil wife buddy very valuable to me. Someone who just gets it, kwim?

There's one girl here that I really like to do things with but she's about an hour away, and is moving to this summer. They got orders to MI.

There was a family at our last duty station that had a chance of coming here, and we got soo excited about that because we had sooo much fun together and our kids got along so well - but they got orders to CA today.

There were two other families that I only know online, but we get along so well and have so much in common, we were hopeful they'd get stationed here - and they also got orders: one to AL last month and the other to CA yesterday.

So I'm sulking today. boooo.
Old 01-08-2011, 01:20 PM
Banned

jkwynn........you have us!!!!!!!!

Not only do I not have any friends since I moved to Ohio I don't even know my neighbors. The 1st Christmas I was here I made several neighbors pumpkin bread. I know their names but they don't even wave when they pass by. It is that they don't wave to say hi to me they don't ave or say hi to each other. Mid westerners being friendly is a myth.
Old 01-08-2011, 01:25 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by plainjane
Not me, that is a defeatest attitude. You have to think positive or a person will just give up in week 1. Just because someone is losing a crap load of weight 1 week doesn't mean they will win in the end.
Old 01-08-2011, 01:25 PM
Power Poster

Location: Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!

I understand wanting a BFF to talk too. Mine lives in Okla. and we don't chat much mostly because every conversation is about her. We have been here over 6 years and I still do not have a friend to hang out with, if it weren't for my quilting I would probably lose my mind.
Old 01-08-2011, 01:26 PM
Banned

has anyone heard from CAROLJ?
Old 01-08-2011, 01:57 PM

Originally Posted by cjomomma
Originally Posted by trupeach1
Originally Posted by NannySandy
Someone else said the other day they have already lost 11 lbs.
no it looked like 11 it was actually 1 and 1/2 but they had it 11/2
Whew!! I thought I'm out of the running but now I have a fighting chance.
Oh Ha Ha! I bet that was me! I saw how it looked after I posted it and thought it looked more like 11 instead of 1 and a half. The comments seemed way too impressed for 1 and a half also. Are you kidding, if it was 11 pounds I would be doing a huge happy dance!
AND to update my little story, we had our big family dinner last night and my youngest daughter didn't feel well so we kept putting dessert off and it ended up that most people didn't have dessert. SO....... #%&*#/ !!! I have a pumpkin pie, cherry crisp, and a turtle cheesecake left over! so much for the teenagers cleaning me out of junk! and to top it all off I weighed this morning and I am only down a half of a pound from my starting weight WTH??? I didn't even have dessert last night. :evil: Well since I haven't really been following what I eat like I should this first week I can't complain about only losing a half a pound. I'm gonna freeze that cheesecake and pawn the rest of the stuff off on the first sucker that comes along! :thumbup: Sorry if I confused any one
Old 01-08-2011, 02:28 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Rita's mom
I have a pumpkin pie, cherry crisp, and a turtle cheesecake left over!
Send the cheesecake to Missy anything turtle she LOOOOOVESSSS to eat.
Old 01-08-2011, 04:12 PM
Banned

where is everyone???????????