Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
OMG - What is with the Post Office lately >

OMG - What is with the Post Office lately

OMG - What is with the Post Office lately

Old 02-15-2011, 11:12 AM

Originally Posted by charmpacksplus
I've been using the flat rate envelopes like I always have... stuffed and blulging to where I can't put anything else in it... and I haven't been refused lately. I put tape on all the seams, the flap, and reinforce the bottom too. They do not want tape over the bar code on the shipping label, but as far as I know that's the only place you can't put tape.

That being said... I did have one substitute clerk tell me about a year ago that I couldn't put tape anywhere on the flate rate envelopes so I politely said "thanks, I'll wait for the next clerk." The next clerk didn't blink an eye, he just scanned my packages and gave me a receipt.
Me too - I'll never going to a Sub PO person again either- I'll wait.

What amazes me is that our PO now closes ar 4:30 PM - but when you go to the PO at 2:30 PM to drop off a package - instead of 2 PO working the desks, there is one, because the other is on "LUNCH" break - by the time he comes back, the line is 15+ people deep.

The way of the government.....
Old 02-15-2011, 11:17 AM

Originally Posted by donnajean
When you print a Priority shipping label on USPS.com the Delivery Confirmation is free. Also, there is a box to check that will have them send you an e-mail with the date & time when the package is delivered. When you print a scan sheet, it is scanned from when the package is picked up at your door. I have not had a Priority package go missing since I started doing the scan sheets.

Originally Posted by davidwent
I just got finished PM'ing a friend of mine because a package(priority envelope) has not arrived. It's been clos to 4 weeks!! I thought at least it would come back to me. And no...stupidly I didn't get a DC. stupid stupid stuoid I'll never do that again!
David
Ahhh live and learn! I just wrote address's on the envelopes and took it to PO
David
Old 02-15-2011, 11:41 AM

Our PO sucks here to. I have been relying on the APS to mail a lot of my things because of the lack of rules being the same with each person at the counter inside.
Old 02-15-2011, 11:51 AM

I just got back from shipping a package...apparently if it is over 3/4" thick it has a different issue...I am just about to give up with shipping anything.
The head of this PO was walking around the lobby and I asked her if they had any of the padded flat rate envelopes and she looks at me like I have 2 heads and says"I've never heard of those..." How can they be this ignorant of what has been advertised for a couple months???
Old 02-15-2011, 12:25 PM

Originally Posted by Tink's Mom
I just got back from shipping a package...apparently if it is over 3/4" thick it has a different issue...I am just about to give up with shipping anything.
The head of this PO was walking around the lobby and I asked her if they had any of the padded flat rate envelopes and she looks at me like I have 2 heads and says"I've never heard of those..." How can they be this ignorant of what has been advertised for a couple months???
And if they want us to use the padded envelopes, why should we have to ORDER them?s Since they are FREE, why not have them readily available for use?
Old 02-15-2011, 12:32 PM

Originally Posted by donnajean
When you print a Priority shipping label on USPS.com the Delivery Confirmation is free. Also, there is a box to check that will have them send you an e-mail with the date & time when the package is delivered. When you print a scan sheet, it is scanned from when the package is picked up at your door. I have not had a Priority package go missing since I started doing the scan sheets.
Wow, Donna Jean, I did not know that. I love convenience. I have several packages going out shortly. I will follow your instructions. Thank you!

:-D
Old 02-15-2011, 01:08 PM

I use UPS
Old 02-15-2011, 01:17 PM

Wow I am feeling blessed. We live in a very small town, and call all our local PO employees by name. They're all really nice.
Old 02-15-2011, 01:23 PM

I keep a big supply of priority mail boxes on hand because I mail pkgs to soldiers. I am surprised the PO hasn't started charging for the boxes.
Old 02-15-2011, 01:36 PM

1-Security is very high. They have their hoops to jump through whether or not they are reasonable.

2-Yes, it's frustrating when the rules change, but we have to adjust. They're the government, after all.

3-Once you get it down, it should be a piece of cake. At least you can order supplies and print labels and postage online. That helps!