Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Just a few fabric places I visit in Lancaster PA >

Just a few fabric places I visit in Lancaster PA

Just a few fabric places I visit in Lancaster PA

Old 02-17-2011, 10:55 AM

Obie's is just up a few miles more north of Shady Maple on Route 23. There is also a Good's Store in the Shady Maple complex.) Obie's also has a web site, of sorts. their address is:

Obie's Country Store
1585 Main St.,
Goodville, PA `7528
PH: 717-445-4616

You will be blown away by Obie's. I seriously doubt you will ever see another place like this anywhere.

There are four Good's Stores. They are in Quarryville, PA., East Earl, PA (at Shady Maple), Shaefferstown, PA, and another close to Ephrate, PA on Route 322. They all offer fabrics, and usually several dollars/yard less than anyone else around that area.

Do you know about Burkholders? It is on Route 897 and about 20-25 miles North of Shady Maple as you drive on it. If you want to venture to the very end of 897 North you will be in my hometown of Lebanon. East of Lebanon, on Route 422 (maybe 5 or so miles) is another fabric place. I believe it Martin's and is in an old converted barn that sits on the side of the road on your left as you drive East on 422. If you hit Myerstown you went too far. turn around and go back a few miles.

After you leave Martin's you can always stop and have a pretty good meal at the Kumm Esse (PA. Dutch meaning Come Eat) Diner at the corner of 422 an 501. Hey, then you can go on 501 South and get to the Good's in Shaefferstown on 501 South in a shopping center on the right outside town about 5 or so miles.

Route 501 will take you back through Lititz, PA. Better stop at the Wilbur Chocolate Factory/museum as you go through town (right at the railroad crossing.) They have been making their famous Wilbur Buds (we think far superior to Hershey's Kisses) since 1905.

there are two other favoreite "haunts" for us: Souder's and also the Hayloft. Both are close to the PA Turnpike. There is also another general store kind of place called Weaver's in Terre Hill, PA, that also offers fabrics.

Our early restaurant, especially on Saturday's, is a place in Quarryville called Lapp's Restaurant. Prices are quite reasonable.

Well, need to get back to work. Hope this helps you. Sue and I are going to the AQS on March 18. Maybe we will see some of you there.

Have a great day.

Terry Shay
Old 02-17-2011, 11:24 AM

Thank you ! Now I REALLY want to go to PA.
Old 02-17-2011, 11:27 AM
Power Poster

Wow, you make this sound like a sightseeing/shopping trip I have to take! :o)
Old 02-17-2011, 12:58 PM

Just went to Lancaster on Tuesday. Saw Goodes, Weavers, Hayloft, and Zooks, They are as you say about two dollars less per yard than some other places. We ate at Yoders, but maybe for variety we'll try one of the other places you have suggested next time. A trip to Lancaster is always relaxin, fun and interesting. Wish we could live there. I even like the cow smell. lol