Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
friends know no borders  Round Robin >

friends know no borders Round Robin

friends know no borders Round Robin

Old 02-20-2011, 04:29 PM

Hi everyone!

This is going to be great fun!

I read that there was an attached word doc. Why can't I find it? I must be missing it somewhere. Sometimes I am so clueless. Can someone please let me know where/how to find it?

Thanks!
Elizabeth
Old 02-20-2011, 05:08 PM

ElizH, the word docs are at the top of page 5. Debe posted them. It says Medallion Round Robin guidelines (Download). And then underneath, it says "download" again, and that is the one for the row robin. I hope this makes sense and helps you! :)
Old 02-20-2011, 05:55 PM

Originally Posted by NCquilter
ElizH, the word docs are at the top of page 5. Debe posted them. It says Medallion Round Robin guidelines (Download). And then underneath, it says "download" again, and that is the one for the row robin. I hope this makes sense and helps you! :)
Thank you!!!
Old 02-20-2011, 10:27 PM

Originally Posted by Karen
My center piece will be similar to the one in this quilt. I desiged 5 medallions in the series Flowers of the Night.
Karen, this is very pretty!!!
Old 02-20-2011, 10:39 PM

I am choosing purple and orange as my theme. I love bright colors, had these as the colors in my wedding shower (that was a long time ago). Does anyone mind of my appliques are fusible? That is all I really do, not into hand-sewn applique... Recently updated my bio, if you want to know more...
Old 02-21-2011, 02:04 AM

Originally Posted by Karen
My center piece will be similar to the one in this quilt. I desiged 5 medallions in the series Flowers of the Night.
Karen: that is a beautiful centre; :thumbup: can't wait to work on it :-D
Old 02-21-2011, 02:06 AM

Originally Posted by luckylindy333
I am choosing purple and orange as my theme. I love bright colors, had these as the colors in my wedding shower (that was a long time ago). Does anyone mind of my appliques are fusible? That is all I really do, not into hand-sewn applique... Recently updated my bio, if you want to know more...
i am like you if it has the word "hand" i avoid it :lol: I personally don't think anyone would mind; it's your quilt. I will update your theme in the listing.
Old 02-21-2011, 02:09 AM

The idea of only one address seems to confusing everyone so I will explain here (as best I can).

Think of it as we are all at dinner. I pass Linda the potatoes and she passes them to Debbie (the other one :) ) and Debbie passes them to Karen etc.

I then pass the carrots to Linda and she passes them to Debbie (the other one :) ) and Debbie passes them to Karen etc.

So the person the food is passed to is always the same but what is passed changes :)

Till it gets back to its owner....all done :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
Old 02-21-2011, 08:10 AM

I'm in a Round Robin now for borders around a centeral block/motif and we are divided into groups of 5...we have everyone's name/address listed in the order ...#1 sends to #2; #2 to #3, etc. #5 sends to #1. That way we can kind of see who has our center or who gets is next. It has gotten confusing a little, but with our special site here on the board to communicate, it has been easy and sooooooooooo much fun. We're on the 4th round now and it gets more exciting with each one. Quilters are incredibly talented and creative people!
I'm looking forward to this one also. My plan is to make a Christmas center medallion for this one. Hope you all don't mind so limiting a theme - if you do, let me know now and I can change as I don't have a center ready yet.
Thanks Debbie for being the organizer!
Old 02-21-2011, 11:18 AM

Originally Posted by c joyce
I'm in a Round Robin now for borders around a centeral block/motif and we are divided into groups of 5...we have everyone's name/address listed in the order ...#1 sends to #2; #2 to #3, etc. #5 sends to #1. That way we can kind of see who has our center or who gets is next. It has gotten confusing a little, but with our special site here on the board to communicate, it has been easy and sooooooooooo much fun. We're on the 4th round now and it gets more exciting with each one. Quilters are incredibly talented and creative people!
I'm looking forward to this one also. My plan is to make a Christmas center medallion for this one. Hope you all don't mind so limiting a theme - if you do, let me know now and I can change as I don't have a center ready yet.
Thanks Debbie for being the organizer!
You are welcome!!!!!!! :D So far it hasn't been too bad...you guys are wonderful :thumbup:

I don't think that is limiting at all....there are so many things i can do with a Christmas theme...it is my favourite holiday.