Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Oriental Hourglass - SWAP CLOSED >

Oriental Hourglass - SWAP CLOSED

Oriental Hourglass - SWAP CLOSED

Old 02-23-2011, 06:40 AM

Please use 100% pre-washed cotton (required) and make sure your blocks measure 12 ˝" unfinished. We will be using the block pattern from Quilterscache.com - Hourglass, but I have enlarge it from a 6 inch paper piece to a 12.5 unfinished block. Please follow the squares measurements posted below. Please be sure to use that scant 1/4" to ensure your blocks are 12.5 unfinished.
The block shows a red floral center, please use any black you wish, black upon black design, black with a little color in it, but black should be what is predominent in the center. The three remaining colors will be oriental in DESIGN, not ORIENTAL FABRIC (SILK FOR EXAMPLE). I do suggest that you make the background color the lightest of the three. Make 12 blocks alike, you will receive one of yours back and 11 different blocks.

Please mark EACH ONE of your blocks with a little slip of paper pinned to each block, or a sticky label can be used, please put the label on the back as sometimes some of the 'sticky' adhears to the block itself. Or you may write in somewhere that it will not bleed through with a permanent thin pigma pen. Please include your real name AND Board name.
Send them to me along with an ADDRESS label and a Flat Rate Stamp ($4.95) for returning blocks. I have ordered the padded flatr reate envlopes for your returning blocks..

Sign-up will close on THURSDAY, MARCH 31, PM me if you wish to join.
Blocks due to me by SATURDAY, APRIL 30 . Please plan mailing accordingly!! Because of problems with the deadlines in other swaps, if there is going to be a problem with having them here by April 30, please pm me. You also have the option of dropping out of the swap. Any blocks received after April 30 will not be accepted and will be returned to you. There is plenty of time to sign up, and complete the blocks. It is not fair for those who do honor the deadline to be waiting and waiting and waiting.
In accordance with general swap rules, failure to send promised BLOCKS will be reported in both the public column of the group activity matrix and as negative feedback against the profile of anyone who does not fulfill their commitment to the swap.

If you want to make multiple sets, just make sure you have 12 blocks of each SET design. You will receive back as many sets as you send. The flat rate envelope will hold two sets. Any more than that, you will need another flat rate return addressed stamped envelope. I have posted a pic of a sample block.

Please refer to page 2 for the measurements for the blocks and step by step pic by pic assembly.
Old 02-23-2011, 11:14 AM

Hmmm..... really pretty.....
Old 02-23-2011, 11:55 AM

OK, call me stupid. If this is an hour glass block, then why is the link here for Martha Washington stark block on here? Is it for making part of the block?? confused...OH, I see, use the part for making the flying geese, right? got it. Will these blocks go with the ones we've made already?
Old 02-23-2011, 12:22 PM

Ok sign me up. Will pm you.
Old 02-23-2011, 02:40 PM

Sign me up Deb....another shopping trip!
Old 02-24-2011, 01:35 PM

It's awful quiet here.
Old 02-24-2011, 07:08 PM

I'm trying to decide if I want to sign up :) I used up all my fabrics in the blocks of the orient :)
Old 02-24-2011, 09:03 PM

Not sure if I missed the info in your post, Deb. What are the fabric amounts for this swap? Still on the fence, but may pick up fabric this weekend.
TIA,
Chris
Old 02-24-2011, 10:02 PM

This link can not be right because it said use black in the center and Washington does not have a center so is it the 6" or 12"
Old 02-25-2011, 07:12 PM

Ok sign me up too. Have about half of my third set done for the0 other one. Got more fabric so now can do this one too!