Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Scrappy Rail Fence Block Swap Sign Ups Close May 1st >

Scrappy Rail Fence Block Swap Sign Ups Close May 1st

Scrappy Rail Fence Block Swap Sign Ups Close May 1st

Old 04-07-2011, 03:25 PM

You can print priority mail postage from USPS site but you cannot pring 1st class mail postage. You have to go through one of their approved vendors to print 1st class postage like stamp.com. I sell on Ebay so I know it is not possible to print it from USPS site. I wish I could, I have a scale and labels here at home.

Originally Posted by QuilterMomma
Originally Posted by Havplenty
My blocks have been completed but I just haven't had it to the post office yet. It really is an inconvienience that you cannot purchase 1st class postage from home at USPS, otherwise I would have had this done.

Crafty do you still need the mailing address?
Since when can't you. You set up an account online with their site and order it. Then they mail it to your home. I do this for my office all the time because I do not always get out. They even sell the priority mail stamps at 4.75 or 4.95. Check it out again.
Old 04-07-2011, 03:26 PM

You can print priority mail postage from USPS site but you cannot pring 1st class mail postage. You have to go through one of their approved vendors to print 1st class postage like stamp.com. I sell on Ebay so I know it is not possible to print it from USPS site. I wish I could, I have a scale and labels here at home.

My blocks have been completed but I just haven't had it to the post office yet. It really is an inconvienience that you cannot purchase 1st class postage from home at USPS, otherwise I would have had this done.

Crafty do you still need the mailing address?
Since when can't you. You set up an account online with their site and order it. Then they mail it to your home. I do this for my office all the time because I do not always get out. They even sell the priority mail stamps at 4.75 or 4.95. Check it out again.
Old 04-07-2011, 03:29 PM

You can print priority mail postage from USPS site but you cannot pring 1st class mail postage. You have to go through one of their approved vendors to print 1st class postage like stamp.com. I know I can order just not print from home. I wish I could, I have a scale and labels here at home.

[quote=QuilterMomma]

Old 04-08-2011, 02:21 PM

Ok, so I cut my strips, sewed them up, then measured before cross cutting and i am at 6 3/8". What happened? I used a scat 1/4" made sure because I went back and remeasured. Now I did use my $Essential Superior Thread and it might have taken a bit of room. I am debating if I want to do this swap because of time constraints here. I thought I could just whip these buggers out and it did not work. I will see what I can get done this weekend. I will cut 2 5/8 strips, use scant 1/4" and sew with the same thread ans see what happens. I may try the Aurfil thread to see if that may be the issue. Just makes me mad because I was on top of this and had all sets strips sewn. Urgggggggggh
Old 04-08-2011, 02:22 PM

[quote=Havplenty]You can print priority mail postage from USPS site but you cannot pring 1st class mail postage. You have to go through one of their approved vendors to print 1st class postage like stamp.com. I know I can order just not print from home. I wish I could, I have a scale and labels here at home.

Sorry my bad.
Old 04-08-2011, 10:06 PM

wow i dont know how that printed so many times. didnt mean to do that.
Old 04-08-2011, 10:09 PM

my first sets with 2.5" strips werent coming out 6.5" blocks either so i cut the strips 2 5/8" so the blocks are a bit over 6.5" but the recipient can cut them down to size.

Ok, so I cut my strips, sewed them up, then measured before cross cutting and i am at 6 3/8". What happened? I used a scat 1/4" made sure because I went back and remeasured. Now I did use my $Essential Superior Thread and it might have taken a bit of room. I am debating if I want to do this swap because of time constraints here. I thought I could just whip these buggers out and it did not work. I will see what I can get done this weekend. I will cut 2 5/8 strips, use scant 1/4" and sew with the same thread ans see what happens. I may try the Aurfil thread to see if that may be the issue. Just makes me mad because I was on top of this and had all sets strips sewn. Urgggggggggh
Old 04-09-2011, 04:25 PM

I didn't even check it good thing I read this thread I know they are 6 1/2 inches one way because I cut them but I will have to go back and measure them before I mail them mon.
Old 04-10-2011, 01:19 PM

Well I checked mine and there all the proper size. Yeah
Old 04-10-2011, 01:41 PM

my blocks will be mailed on monday 4/11/11. yea!!! i finally bought stamps and got everything zipped up to mail.