Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Offline Events, Announcements, Discussions
Join us for a Meet and Greet in Archbold Ohio at the Quilt Show! >

Join us for a Meet and Greet in Archbold Ohio at the Quilt Show!

Join us for a Meet and Greet in Archbold Ohio at the Quilt Show!

Old 03-08-2011, 04:16 PM

UPDATE.... Here is more info about the quilt show. I couldn't find the cost of admission in the website so I asked them and this is their reply.

The cost of touring the historic village and the quilt show as a package is $14.50 and they offer $1.50 discount (AAA or Senior discount) on the combination admission. But if you are only going to the Quilt Show the cost is $10.00 and no discounts apply.

Also, if we have 20 or more attendees in our group, we will all get a discount on each of our lunches. And we only need 5 more people to join us to reach 20. I think that is totally awesome since it's only been about a week since we first posted this Meet and Greet!! :thumbup:

And don't forget, we will be having show and tell so please bring something you've finished or still working on, either is fine with us!

So are there any others out there who would like to come along?
Old 03-13-2011, 05:08 AM

Wed works for me I hardly ever miss the show it is a better than a hour show for me but I will go and bring a friend.
Old 03-13-2011, 06:36 AM

Great! And we love it that you're bringing a friend. the more the merrier.

We are approaching the number 20 and the reseved room holds 30 so we still have plenty of room for more. We will be in quilters heaven with a quilt show and then visiting over lunch with other quilters!! (not to mention the LQS goodie bags etc)

Melody
Old 03-14-2011, 12:13 PM

Melody, you are doing a great job posting all this information. I am working on a few things and can't wait until the show. I am will also be pleased to meet everyone and the show and tell everyone should bring along. That is the fun part to see what everyone is working on. Don't forget to make some sort of name tag!
Old 03-20-2011, 05:18 AM

I'm going to see if I can make it up there, it sounds like fun!
Old 03-20-2011, 07:01 AM
Power Poster

So sorry I won't be able to make it :cry: I finally got a job and will be working- but having already meet some of you I know you all will have a GREAT time :mrgreen: Hope you can reach the 20 for the extra discounts :wink: More money for fabric :thumbup:
Old 03-20-2011, 07:46 AM

Raggiemom,
So glad you can make it! It's going to be a great time. Lots of fun things planned... hope we can pack it all in just a few hours!
We are having a surprise guest that I'll tell you more about when I have more to tell. :-D

Congrats! SharonB, as much as we will miss you, I have to say I'm so happy for you about getting a job! And I do believe we will reach the 20 people needed, and at the moment we are glad the room has a capacity of 30 :thumbup: because we are hopeful to reach that number.

We still have more than a month to go so if anyone is interested joining us, we'd love to have you come. Now is the time to plan and it should be SPRING by then!! A great time for a country drive to a quilt show and lunch with quilters.
Old 03-21-2011, 04:49 AM

Every Meet and Greet is a little more special when there is a LQS owner among us. Mary Jo of TheQuiltBear.com will be joining us for the luncheon. And yes, it is an online quilt store... located right in Northwest Ohio! Mary Jo is not only part owner of The Quilt Bear (you have to check out the website and meet Jonah), but also a quilter and she teaches quilting classes as well. We are really looking forward to April 27th! I'm having a hard time waiting. This is going to be a very good time.
Old 03-23-2011, 04:16 AM

What is parking like at the show? Is it a parking lot or a field?
Old 03-23-2011, 04:43 AM

Raggiemom,
Parking is excellent, it's paved and marked and lots of spaces. Shouldn't be hardly any walking, of course with a quilt show, I can't be positive you'll be next to the front door. It's sort of like a large parking lot for each set of buildings but you don't drive out of one and down the road to another, it's seems to me that the whole Village compound is all parking lot and you drive to which ever building you want to visit. Gosh, I'm not sure I'm explaining this very clear. ;)

And if anyone is concerned about handicap parking there are a lot of them at each building. There are no steps into the buildings and all have handicap access.