Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 62

Thread: Pacific Northwest Meet and Greet

  1. #1
    Super Member lovequilts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    1,018
    Mark your calendars for April 23, 2011. I’ve chatted with a lot of folks on the board about a meet and greet in our area and finally the time has come. Any one is invited especially Washington and Oregon if you can make. Do I hear any of you saying “Road Trip?”



    My LQS owner has graciously agreed to let us meet at her store, Keepsake Cottage Fabric. This is located in the Country Village in Bothell Washington. This is right off of I-405. (Suggest to use Map Quest for directions). The complex, Country Village, has many wonderful shops including antiques for shopping and a coffee shop and restaurant.



    This is not very structured, but the “plan” is to meet at the quilt store, meet, greet and shop. There is no firm time frame but after meeting, and shopping of course. There is a great coffee shop in the complex we can go to sit and chat or the restaurant, or go off on your own to explore.



    Date: April 23rd 2011 - Saturday

    Time: 11:00 AM until ???????

    Place: Keepsake Cottage Fabrics - Country Village

    818 238th St

    Bothell, WA 98021

    Store phone #: 425-486-3483



    Please where a name tag with “Quilting Board”, your screen name and your first name. Nothing fancy. Mine will probably a 3 x 5 index card pinned to my shirt.



    I would like to get an approximate head count. If this is something you might be interested in, please respond to the topic or pm me. Any questions, pm me also.



    Please remember this is not a formal event just a chance to meet others from this wonderful board. If folks like this, we can plan something later in the year.

  2. #2
    Super Member JudyG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Wickenburg AZ
    Posts
    2,849
    Blog Entries
    20
    Oh, what fun. And the timing is perfect. I will get back to Sequim around the 10th, have a couple of weeks to get settled in, and then get to go to a fun function. Timing is perfect. Count me in.

  3. #3
    Senior Member Linda - K.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Washington State summer, Sun City AZ winter
    Posts
    707
    I'm going to try and make it that Saturday. That's a great village of shops and I usually try to go there a couple times a year even tho it's about an hour drive for me.

  4. #4
    Super Member lovequilts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    1,018
    See you there. Spread the news to others you know on the board in the area. Thanks

    Colleen aka lovequilts

  5. #5
    Super Member Doreen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    El Paso Tx
    Posts
    1,431
    I clicked my heels but nothing happened. Wish I was in Washington. Lived there for 12 yrs!

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Tacoma, Washington
    Posts
    35
    I will definitely try to make this.

  7. #7
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    176
    I would love to go but it is to far for me to drive. If there is someond from this area going I would like to share a ride e-mail me at [email protected] if your intrested in sharing a ride. I am unable to drive at this time due to medical problems and the meds I am taking.
    Thanks

  8. #8
    Super Member lovequilts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    1,018
    Quote Originally Posted by Pattyjo7686
    I would love to go but it is to far for me to drive. If there is someond from this area going I would like to share a ride e-mail me at [email protected] if your intrested in sharing a ride. I am unable to drive at this time due to medical problems and the meds I am taking.
    Thanks
    Pattyjo. What area are you in so others who see this posting may be able to give you a ride.

  9. #9
    Junior Member Yankee in  Texas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Dallas
    Posts
    108
    OH How I wish I could be there with all of you - I lived in Bothell,WA for over 11 years!!! I just loved to go to the Country Village for an afternoon excursion!! And the Keepsake Quilt shop is GREAT!!! Not too big, but has a lot of good things,nice fabrics, and quilting tools in there!!! I am sure that you all will enjoy it. There are a lot of neat little shops, a couple of nice little coffee/tea shops and some good food too!! I will be there in spirit anyway!!

  10. #10
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    176
    Quote Originally Posted by lovequilts
    Quote Originally Posted by Pattyjo7686
    I would love to go but it is to far for me to drive. If there is someond from this area going I would like to share a ride e-mail me at [email protected] if your intrested in sharing a ride. I am unable to drive at this time due to medical problems and the meds I am taking.
    Thanks
    Pattyjo. What area are you in so others who see this posting may be able to give you a ride.
    I am in Lafayette OR zip 97127 for map quest on HWY 99 W this is between McMinnville and Newberg

  11. #11
    Super Member Quiltforme's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Beautiful Washington state!
    Posts
    3,341
    Oh how fun I live close to there cannot wait

  12. #12
    Super Member gzuslivz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Federal Way, Washington
    Posts
    1,473
    Oh, count me in!!! This will be so much fun!

  13. #13
    Senior Member Qwiltylady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    In hiding
    Posts
    458
    If anyone from the Spokane area is going and would like company for the drive pm me. I don't drive myself.

  14. #14
    Super Member ladyshuffler's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    North Bend, Oregon
    Posts
    2,300
    Would love to ladies but 6 hr drive is just tooooo much for me :(

  15. #15
    Super Member mmonohon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    1,678
    I am tentative Yes for now. It sounds like a ton of fun.

  16. #16
    Super Member ScubaK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    South Puget Sound, Wa. State
    Posts
    2,182
    Count me in!!! This will be fun!
    Kirsten

  17. #17
    Junior Member Angelmerritt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    131
    Oh, I love this little village. I will know a bit closer in if I can make it. My husband is deployed and due back on that day. So I will likely be at SeaTac picking him up that morning. I can send him off to the pirate ship/train/play area with the kids while I hang in the Quilt Shop.

  18. #18
    Super Member lovequilts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    1,018
    Quote Originally Posted by Angelmerritt
    Oh, I love this little village. I will know a bit closer in if I can make it. My husband is deployed and due back on that day. So I will likely be at SeaTac picking him up that morning. I can send him off to the pirate ship/train/play area with the kids while I hang in the Quilt Shop.

    Yes it will be fun. Love your avatar.

  19. #19
    Rose D's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    44
    I've marked it on my calendar....it's about 200 miles for me or about 3.5 hours so if the pass is clear, I might try to make this. I'll update you as the date gets closer. Sounds like a great, fun day and I'd love to meet some of the quilters from the area =)

  20. #20
    Super Member grammysharon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Monmouth, Oregon
    Posts
    5,841
    Blog Entries
    1
    I wish there was one of these in Oregon. I just returned from Puyallup so can't drive that far for awhile. Have fun!
    Quote Originally Posted by lovequilts
    Mark your calendars for April 23, 2011. I’ve chatted with a lot of folks on the board about a meet and greet in our area and finally the time has come. Any one is invited especially Washington and Oregon if you can make. Do I hear any of you saying “Road Trip?”



    My LQS owner has graciously agreed to let us meet at her store, Keepsake Cottage Fabric. This is located in the Country Village in Bothell Washington. This is right off of I-405. (Suggest to use Map Quest for directions). The complex, Country Village, has many wonderful shops including antiques for shopping and a coffee shop and restaurant.



    This is not very structured, but the “plan” is to meet at the quilt store, meet, greet and shop. There is no firm time frame but after meeting, and shopping of course. There is a great coffee shop in the complex we can go to sit and chat or the restaurant, or go off on your own to explore.



    Date: April 23rd 2011 - Saturday

    Time: 11:00 AM until ???????

    Place: Keepsake Cottage Fabrics - Country Village

    818 238th St

    Bothell, WA 98021

    Store phone #: 425-486-3483



    Please where a name tag with “Quilting Board”, your screen name and your first name. Nothing fancy. Mine will probably a 3 x 5 index card pinned to my shirt.



    I would like to get an approximate head count. If this is something you might be interested in, please respond to the topic or pm me. Any questions, pm me also.



    Please remember this is not a formal event just a chance to meet others from this wonderful board. If folks like this, we can plan something later in the year.

  21. #21
    Super Member UglyCook's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Auburn, WA
    Posts
    1,381
    I'm going to try!

  22. #22
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Snohomish WA
    Posts
    868
    Blog Entries
    15
    I'll be there, barring unforeseen obstacles. Sounds like fun. Thanks for putting this together.
    Another possible activity, perhaps the same day, is a tour of That Patchwork Place books publisher, Martingale Publishing, also in the Bothell area. If you take their one-hour tour, you can purchase their quilting/knitting/crafting books there for $5.00 each. They've got lots of quilts hanging throughout the tour. Must call ahead to arrange the tour as they won't run it for just a couple of people.
    (I'd post their website but am having computer problem right now but I think it's just Martingalepublishing.com).

  23. #23
    Super Member UglyCook's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Auburn, WA
    Posts
    1,381
    Kona Bay is also just down the road

  24. #24
    Super Member lovequilts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    1,018
    Where is Kona Bay?

  25. #25
    Super Member UglyCook's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Auburn, WA
    Posts
    1,381
    Kona Bay fabric, lots of bold and Asian fabrics

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.