Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
My Trip to Barcelona City - Pictures >

My Trip to Barcelona City - Pictures

My Trip to Barcelona City - Pictures

Old 03-20-2011, 12:00 PM

Great pics. Wonderful buildings.
Old 03-20-2011, 12:45 PM

Sure looks like you had great weather and a wonderful time. I love the buildings there, they're so different than here. I saw a people statue on Cape Cod, Mass last summer. The one we saw stuck her tongue out as someone posed for a picture next to her. It was quite funny! :lol:
Old 03-20-2011, 01:49 PM

I had no concept of what buildings might look like there & certainly never thought of the human statues. Your photos are wonderful and I learned so much from them. thank you
Old 03-20-2011, 04:15 PM
Power Poster

Elle, thank you again! Your wonderful pictures brought all my lovely memories of Barcelona right back to the forefront! We were only there one day, it was a stop on the cruise we took. The market was so wonderful and I remember all the human statues. I tossed a Euro to the demon one just because I wanted to take his picture. They get quite upset if they catch you taking their picture without paying. We witnessed one yelling at a tourist for taking a pic w/o tossing a coin or two in his can. Anyway, I just wanted to take his picture not pose with him but he made me come over and wrapped those wings around me! Quite creepy but fascinating to get a look at those costumes they are on a par with Broadway performance costumes. Did you see all the live animal vendors on the main street? I think it was called Embarcadero? They sold birds and rabbits and all kinds of things. It was amazing.
Old 03-20-2011, 04:23 PM

Originally Posted by feline fanatic
Elle, thank you again! Your wonderful pictures brought all my lovely memories of Barcelona right back to the forefront! We were only there one day, it was a stop on the cruise we took. The market was so wonderful and I remember all the human statues. I tossed a Euro to the demon one just because I wanted to take his picture. They get quite upset if they catch you taking their picture without paying. We witnessed one yelling at a tourist for taking a pic w/o tossing a coin or two in his can. Anyway, I just wanted to take his picture not pose with him but he made me come over and wrapped those wings around me! Quite creepy but fascinating to get a look at those costumes they are on a par with Broadway performance costumes. Did you see all the live animal vendors on the main street? I think it was called Embarcadero? They sold birds and rabbits and all kinds of things. It was amazing.
No Feline, did not see any animals for sale like that. I didnīt have any problem taking pics either, I suppose it was really busy that day so they didnīt mind so much
Old 03-21-2011, 08:08 AM

Lucky You That city is beautiful--I wanna go to see what happened to that poor fellows head in the second pic he seems to have lost it
Old 03-21-2011, 08:28 AM

It really was comical watching him get dressed and put his jacket on with no head, really funny
Old 03-21-2011, 10:03 AM

Wonderful pictures. Thanks so much for sharing!
Old 03-21-2011, 10:12 AM

Oh, I want to go there.
Old 03-21-2011, 10:20 AM

Wonderful pictures!! Thanks for sharing with us!!!!