Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Recipes
Yum, smoothies today! >

Yum, smoothies today!

Yum, smoothies today!

Old 03-26-2011, 05:15 PM

Location: Ohio... wanna build a cabin in the woods and live off the land... and quilt all day!

I have the Jack LaLayne Power Juicer ~ love, love, LOVE it! Really? rind and all? I thought there were toxins in the rind.
Old 03-26-2011, 06:24 PM

I have a book by Jay Kordich "the juiceman"
and it says we get vit A,protien and potassium also zinc. it is a diuretic as it has a lot of water in it. Besides all that it tastes good.
Old 03-27-2011, 04:16 AM

Wow I have never made smoothies but you guys make me want too.. I actually have a book with bunches of receipes in it for this so guess I had better pull out that juicer I bought and get started... I am sure it will help with my diet also.......... thanks ladies
Old 03-27-2011, 07:31 AM
Banned

i don't really do smoothies, but have to have a protein shake every day..sometimes two...In the summer I like to add fresh fruit, but in the winter it is spiced chai tea frappes! All fat/sugar free of course...
Old 03-27-2011, 06:43 PM

Originally Posted by fabric whisperer
Got some pomegranite (sp?) juice last night, and froze them into little popsicles for the kids... then let some start to defrost, and blended with fresh blueberries. YUM, what a smoothie! Might try adding some banana next time to experiment.

Just had to share ~ I needed the vitamin boost after that darn flu whipped my keester a couple weeks ago :shock:

(if you haven't had pom juice before, its a natural way to fight breast cancer)
When my husband and I were taking Chelation treatments, the nurse that gave the treatments made protien drinks for the patients. She used different flavored yoguart, whey powder, and different frozen or fresh fruits, depending on the time of the year. I'm not a yoguart person, but I have to admit those were really tasty.
Old 03-27-2011, 07:01 PM
Banned

I like yogurt in the fruit smoothies...and plain non0-fat yogurt has plenty of its own health bennies!
Old 03-27-2011, 07:07 PM

Location: Ohio... wanna build a cabin in the woods and live off the land... and quilt all day!

I have some lactose issues ~ anyone tried soy yogurt in smoothies? Too chicken to attempt it unless I know someone liked it ;)
Old 03-27-2011, 07:11 PM

I have some lactose issues ~ anyone tried soy yogurt in smoothies? Too chicken to attempt it unless I know someone liked it ;)
I haven't tried anything soy, lol but if you put fruit(can be frozen fruit), banana, a little honey it should taste good.
Old 03-27-2011, 07:16 PM
Banned

my boys have to have soy...esp the oldest...and they use soy everything, so I used some yogurt...they loved it...esp with fruit...
Old 03-27-2011, 07:45 PM

I use Rice Milk, vanilla flavor, as I like sweet,that would be good in a smoothie for lactose issues. GD likes Silk milk. I just have it for cereal as I don't drink milk anymore.