Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
April Weight Loss Winner is Nanny Sandy >

April Weight Loss Winner is Nanny Sandy

April Weight Loss Winner is Nanny Sandy

Old 04-22-2011, 08:41 PM
Banned

They now have open MRI can't you have it in one of those. the closed one made me feel like i was in a metal garbage can with someone throwing baseballs at it.
Old 04-22-2011, 09:05 PM

Our hospital doesn't have an open one. I have to go 50 miles, but that's okay. It's in the evening so my oldest daughter can take me. A local business man just donated 3 million dollar imaging center to our hospital in honor of his wife. I would think they could have added an open MRI machine. But they didn't ask me.
Old 04-22-2011, 11:31 PM

Originally Posted by irishrose
Carrie, I had to smile when I read your post about getting a treadle for the exercise. When I was looking for one, I was thinking the same thing. I had hopes it would help with the neuropathy in my feet and legs.

My weight is sneaking downward very slowly.

Anyone have any experience with Valium? I have to have a MRI and I'm claustrophobic. The doctor gave ONE Valium. Is one going to do any good? I'm to take it an hour before the procedure. If it does work, how am I supposed to change my clothes? I think I'd better wait until I in the 'lovely' gown and take it then. Fun and games.
I had the same thought with the treadle and I have the same neuropathy.

Valium-YES! It's the "I don't give a shit drug" and even better, you forget you ever took it. You will have no memory of the whole event. It is THE drug for trauma. I can see why people get hooked on it. It really makes you feel happy!
Old 04-23-2011, 04:49 AM

if your daughter is going to take yu make sure yu take the pill the hour before and your daughter can help you get into the hospital gown. the pill needs time to get in your system and relax you. one pill does work. my dad had to do the same thing and one pill worked on him just fine. good luck
Old 04-23-2011, 06:39 AM

Iriserose, the valium will work and they can let your daughter in with you as long as she has no metal on. The last time I had a MRI my mother-in-law stood at my feet and kept messaging then so I would now I wasn't alone. I always feel like I'm in a coffin with them throwing dirt on me.
Old 04-23-2011, 07:06 AM

MJ, is that why the doctor only gave me one pill? So I don't decide to live in la-la land. I am a fast reactor so I can probably wait until after I change my clothes to take it.

SWChick, I'm the one with the metal, not K. The next daughter down has replacement knees, but K hasn't had time to have hers done yet. My feet are literally screwed together in multiple places, but it's my back that's being examined. It seems the extensive nerve damage in my back is causing the nerve damage in my feet.

Trupeach, you sound like me. I find myself saying "It doesn't matter - nothing matters" altogether too often. I do try not to say it in front of my sweet children.

Off to quilt. I am FMQ on the quilt for the sailor boy. So far it doesn't look too bad. This is the first FMQ quilt for me. I SITD all the squares, so I only have to do the inside of the blocks. Some of them look a little like giant amoebas, but A will get a kick out of it. A star was a failure. I may have to do some drawing.
Old 04-23-2011, 07:35 AM

Originally Posted by Leota
So damn depressed today...angry, touchy, b...y, crying .....

Watching my dh atrophy before my eyes is getting to me ... his arm circumference is 13.5".... I can't imagine life without him....I've started us on carrot juice therapy but the exercise routine hasn't happened... He has MSA (multi-system atrophy - the cerebellum of the brain is shrinking causing Parkinsonian type symptoms at a rapid advancement rate) there is no known cause nor is there any treatment or cure. Death is 9 - 15 years at most

I feel like I'm the only person that can jump start anyone in this house and then it's like trying to start a dead battery that has nothing left to start....

I want to eat chocolate just for the comfort but it doesn't help....

Thanks for listening... I try very hard not to whine but when life gets too much and when I don't know what to do with boxes and other crap that use to be stored (semi-neatly) but is still in the middle of the rooms and I'm tired of trying to figure out what to do with everything....
I explode and who ever is around gets hit with the shrapnel of angry words which wounds as bad as any weapon of mass distruction.
No one can say that they know exactly how you feel because every one takes things differently. But, I understand some of what you are going thru. I live at home and take care of both of my parents. My dad is still doing things for himself (except when he is being lazy), but, my mother can not be left alone. My dad won't take care of her personal needs. They won't allow my husband to live here with us, so I am very perplexed about that. We were separated at the time that I moved in, but they don't like him because (like them) has medical issues and they see themselves in him but a younger version. I try to respect their wishes but it is hard. Ross, my husband, is waiting for his disability (which he needs very badly). Once he gets that they will lose very much of their argument. But at the same time they also lose me, somewhat, in the fact that I will probably be living down the road...not necessarily too far but not within hearing distance. I'll have to drop what I am doing to come up here because my dad won't help clean her up should she have an accident.

I'm whining...I'll stop now.

Still haven't lost or gained other than water.
Old 04-23-2011, 12:40 PM

I am happy - the sun is trying to shine, I have wonderful children, the quilt is getting finished, the dogs are happy and will be more so when we go walking, I only have to make a dessert for tomorrow so I can keep quilting, I have good doctors to take care of my aging body, etc.

I was thinking when I read Leota's post that I haven't much to complain about.

Leota, know that I am thinking about you and hope the sun trying to is shine where you are, too.

I know we can all get through Easter with no weight gain. Enjoy your favorite parts of the celebration meal, but remember the 25th bite of one item tastes the same as the first three. If your celebration is like mine was last year, a solitary trip to Dairy Queen, then enjoy that, too.
Old 04-23-2011, 02:28 PM

Here I am. Can't believe I've been away over a week. There are TEN pages of posts to read.

My sweet hubby had mentioned the 17-day diet after seeing it on some tv program. I did a little research for him, he seemed real interested, so I did a little more. Finally found the book at B&N and gave it to him. He kinda laughed - he has been doing Atkins all week - then he really laughed when I told him that I bought the book for him. I guess he was just being kind as he listened to me jabber about the diet.

Long story short, we will BOTH be doing this beginning Monday. And Tru, I don't really like Pilates, but they are making me super sore, plus my knees are not in distress.

I finished all quilting & the self-binding on GGM's quilt - just needs the label. I've done one twice - third time is a charm. Getting real antsy to start this bargello.

Have a blessed Easter all my friends!
Lynne
Old 04-23-2011, 02:40 PM

I just got back from a nearly six hour trip visiting six different quilt stores for a shop hop - six more next weekend. So, I had a wonderful day fondling all the fabric. It means I can't walk very well right now, but that's a fair trade-off in my mind. And if I win one of the prizes that will just be icing on the cake!