Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
April Weight Loss Winner is Nanny Sandy >

April Weight Loss Winner is Nanny Sandy

April Weight Loss Winner is Nanny Sandy

Old 04-25-2011, 12:33 PM

I've been out of this thread for a while now and see that I have missed out on a lot!! Are we still talking about weight loss? If so I am here to report I lost 5 lbs and gained it right back. That being said I recommitted to healthy eating and more physical excerise. I am walking 15 minute most days (I know not much), 1-2 hour hike on the weekends and yoga in the studio at least once a week. I have to do this and the only thing I get sad about is less quilting time :-( ... but in the long run I'll make it up because I will live longer if I stay healthy. Do you agree?
Old 04-25-2011, 01:45 PM

is there still a weight loss challenge?
Old 04-25-2011, 01:55 PM

II volunteer to pick up the thread, if the QB allows it. I don't want this group to stop.
Old 04-25-2011, 02:04 PM

[quote=irishrose]Good morning, all. I hope you all made it through Easter without too much damage to your getting healthy plan. I did great at dinner, but did too much snacking last night at home. I will weigh myself later to see the damages.

I love Easter. I see it as a new beginning every year - sort of like a personal New Years's Day. My new beginning calls for doing more housework and reclaiming the space that clutter has taken over, so I'm off to get started. Where do I start?? The fat on my body is my body's clutter, so it can be part of the plan.

Irishrose,
I like how you look at Easter as a personal New Years. I have made some headway with the weight issue and while I continue to work on that, I also need to get a handle on all of the clutter in my life! You have inspired me so if you don't mind I am going to copy your thought and commit to doing something each day to simplify and get rid of clutter starting today
Old 04-25-2011, 02:08 PM

I have contacted PatriceJ and we are discussing.

I will post on May 1 the new thread. I hope you all stick around and we conquer the pounds.
Old 04-25-2011, 02:19 PM
Administrator

You are not imagining things. i have done some significant editing to the last few pages of this topic. it was necessary.

while not all will agree, i can assure you it was done in the best interest of the board as a whole, and as a service to this group in particular.

i will not go into detail. i have just spent too much time deleting things that should have been kept private. i'm not going to drag them back out where they don't belong.

i would like very much to let this month's topic continue until Purplemem starts you over for the month of May. i think it would be a shame to shut it down before the month is over.

however, please join together to bring this topic back to its original intent. provide each other encouragement, advice, cheering up, comfort ... and all the other things you were doing for each other before things were taken so far off track.

i will be happy to answer specific questions if they are sent to me by private message and if they are for a constructive purpose.

any further discussion of this event that is not limited to private messages will be deleted.

i'm sorry to have been forced to interrupt your topic. please return to the fun.
Old 04-25-2011, 02:44 PM

I will do this too! [quote=Rita's mom]
Originally Posted by irishrose
Good morning, all. I hope you all made it through Easter without too much damage to your getting healthy plan. I did great at dinner, but did too much snacking last night at home. I will weigh myself later to see the damages.

I love Easter. I see it as a new beginning every year - sort of like a personal New Years's Day. My new beginning calls for doing more housework and reclaiming the space that clutter has taken over, so I'm off to get started. Where do I start?? The fat on my body is my body's clutter, so it can be part of the plan.

Irishrose,
I like how you look at Easter as a personal New Years. I have made some headway with the weight issue and while I continue to work on that, I also need to get a handle on all of the clutter in my life! You have inspired me so if you don't mind I am going to copy your thought and commit to doing something each day to simplify and get rid of clutter starting today
Old 04-25-2011, 04:02 PM

I look at it as I probably gained 5 pounds. I had decided that I wasn't going to watch what I ate, and I wasn't going to feel guilty about it. I am going to wait a week before I weigh myself, but meanwhile, I will keep on exercising to try and balance out what I did. My husband asked me to please give it (dieting) a break for the week so we could enjoy ourselves without me watching and counting everything I did.
Old 04-25-2011, 06:15 PM

purplemen, I'm glad to see that are willing to keep us going. What a sweet thing for you to do.

I survived the MRI. It wasn't too bad. The open machine is a Godsend. I had a few moments when I couldn't breathe, but I was able to get past it. It helped to have a very considerate young man doing the testing. I'm glad Tru warned me about the noise level. It wad deafening at times. Now to await the results.

I must not have done as much snacking as I thought yesterday. My weight was down a pound this morning. Woo-hoo. I just had a double raspberry sundae from the custard shoppe. When I talked to daughter #2 this morning, she told me daughter #1, my chauffeur, would buy me a sundae if I was a good patient. I guess bribery works with us mature individuals, too.
Old 04-25-2011, 06:27 PM

Irish, ice cream bribery always works with me!

I am not meaning to "take over" from Tru, I am meaning to "continue our journey".