Boomerang 5.0-EAST Group

Old 07-22-2011, 04:42 PM

I received fabric from rejenea and my block thank you so much.
Old 07-22-2011, 05:02 PM

Received a lovely block from Shaysmema. Thank you! Did a double take at first since she added the fabric she sent out to the blue that I sent to her. At first I thought someone had sent me her block :) Will post a picture later.
Old 07-23-2011, 06:14 AM

Originally Posted by QuilterMomma
I am beginning working on blocks. I note that I am short four f8 for exchange is that the confirmation. I will be having fun shopping in the "stash" garage for just the right fabrics. I love all that came in. Still working on what to do as a block, but may end up doing several different ones. Will need to get out my 500 blocks to make book and just start in. Thank you all for getting me my blocks so diligently.
I think I've made all different ones so far...learning as I go. This has been a real eye opener for me. If anyone that I did blocks for early on that got a real "begginner" from me wants me to re-do, please let me know. I like to think I've gotten better with practice.

I think I really like the paper piecing the best so far...so much easier to me than cutting out each section. Just a limited amount of them so far though.
Old 07-23-2011, 06:35 AM

I found my Mary Ellen Hopkins book I won on a challenge she did about 10 years ago and working on few blocks from there. I am learning how to decifer blocks on their measurements. She breaks everything down to using half square triangles. There is a bit more piecing, but it is fun to do more complicated ones. I just did one for my monthly partner and it had 64 pieces in it, but wow did it look great. I may use that one on some of these blocks just to perfect the technique. It even came out perfect on the 12.5 unfinished size. These blocks are coming out this week, bought my stamps ahead of time so can just fill out envelope as I do them. Not sure which to do first, so will just grab from the box and go. I have a doll quilt to quilt today after teaching my class, child to bank for new checking account and cc and debit card, then off to drop off resumes. Should be home around 5:00 p.m. and will get on that then tomorrow fun piecing blocks. I just got an antique quilt in to quilt on the longarm. Love quilting the dresdan plate pattern. Well, off to work. Thanks for listening (reading) to me and have a great day everyone.
Old 07-23-2011, 07:54 AM

Got two blocks yesterday. One from Tapngram and one from rejenea. LOVE them both. The "Road to Heaven" That Tapngram sent gave me a double take. I sent her the creme/white fabric and the "red" she put with it was almost the same as the red I sent to 1/2 the ladies!! Beautiful blocks! Ill post pictures as soon as I can get my cell phone to send them to my email.
Old 07-23-2011, 02:11 PM

Here are the two blocks I received yesterday. Sprint wouldnt let me send them all day...must be the 103 temperature in the air! :) Thanks again you two for the beautiful blocks! Are we suppose to show the finished quilt when we receive all the blocks? Im only missing 3 F8's and 12 finished blocks..seems like I have a HUGH stack now! LOL

Tapngram
[ATTACH=CONFIG]230791[/ATTACH]

Rejenea
[ATTACH=CONFIG]230792[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-230785.jpe   attachment-230786.jpe  
Old 07-23-2011, 04:18 PM

Yeah I was thinking of posting when I'm able to get them all together and in a way I want to sew them. Should be fun seeing every one's ideas and tops. :)
Old 07-23-2011, 07:53 PM

Missing Finished Blocks from:
Bookworm
brenda 5
Cheryl W
Frogquilter
Gramie bj
Kathy N
letsquilt
Navarre2011
NurseBonnie
OK Darla
QuilterMomma
Reeskylr
scollard
sew cornie
tapngram
tolepainter54
wanda123

Missing F8s from:
letsquilt
scollard
wanda123

This is basically my last week of summer vacation. I have my nephew the first week of August, and while it's not required, freshman orientation is the 11, which means I need to go back to work and finish setting up my new classroom before that. I am going to make all of these blocks into quilts for my classroom, but that might wait until next summer...

Please understand that I probably won't get those last three blocks made before september 1st - I will try my hardest to get them made the week that I get them...
Old 07-23-2011, 09:38 PM

Received a beautiful shoo-fly block and F8 from Rejenea yesterday. Thank you!! I'm so far behind in posting pictures and even further behind in making blocks. But I should have no problem at all in getting them all home before the deadline.

Anyone know if letsquilt, scollard, and wanda are still participating? Hope they're all doing okay.
Old 07-24-2011, 06:39 AM

Originally Posted by sew cornie
Received a beautiful shoo-fly block and F8 from Rejenea yesterday. Thank you!! I'm so far behind in posting pictures and even further behind in making blocks. But I should have no problem at all in getting them all home before the deadline.

Anyone know if letsquilt, scollard, and wanda are still participating? Hope they're all doing okay.
I am awaiting responses from these folks. I will let you all know as soon as I know anything
Hugs
April