Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Have you met a new friend through the Board? >

Have you met a new friend through the Board?

Have you met a new friend through the Board?

Old 05-07-2011, 05:01 AM
Power Poster

Not yet in person but I would sure be open to it. I have made friends in the online realm. There was a fun meeting from people up in the Orange county area and I might have gone, eventhough it is a little far from me, but it was the same day my DS got married. I tend to have a busy schedule due to my family.
Old 05-07-2011, 05:20 AM

Originally Posted by Mary T.
How do you match up with someone in your area?
For me, it was just luck...noticing the home state in the avatar box. But maybe you could start a thread looking for people in your area who would like to meet.
Old 05-07-2011, 05:27 AM

Well, I will recognize DeeBooper now when she gets here. thanks to her avatar. Red-warrior I knew, but didn't know she was on this board. abbyjanke I met when planning this gathering, having coffee with her Monday. Met deplaylady in a quilt shop, will see her again soon.
Old 05-07-2011, 05:30 AM

We have Monthly Gatherings in TExas around FW area and I have met many QB members in HOuston at teh QUilt show, ANd am having a small retreat to meet more in a few weeks.

Gaigai, PatriceJ, purplefiend, jabear617,joanieu,grannyp70, wanda, charhen, texasjunebug, Ibwquiltin, agdetrick, carolc, mamajack3, nanamoms, knitty kitty, Shawna, dottientx, marciacp, too many to name. And I have talked to many on the phone. Eventually Iw ould like to meet at least a hundred so almost there.

It's fun to look under the Offline topic and see who's meeting who.
Old 05-07-2011, 05:31 AM

Yes I have met Gramma and seen her great work. I have also found two others living close but I cannot seem to get the timing right to meet person to person. Great and helpful people on here and I feel like I know them.
Old 05-07-2011, 05:37 AM

Planing on a meet some time this summer with Plain Jane,
so far we have emailed and on the board. We are both busy at this time.
I don't travel to very large cities, because I don't handle a lot of heavy traffic well any more.
I have meet many here and we email back & forth.
Any one in far Western Maryland area,can send a PM & chat for a bit ! :-D
Old 05-07-2011, 05:50 AM

YES I have met several board members and all of them are very special to me, and we talk on the phone and by emails. Some that live close enough get together once in a while for lunch. Most live some distance away so we don't get to see each other much but do talk often. It always a pleasure to meet new friends, in my opion you can never have to many friends. I am hoping to meet more in the future. Hope everyone here has a wonderful weekend.
Old 05-07-2011, 05:56 AM
Power Poster

I have met several new friends. Sewgull and I bumped into each other in a quilt shop in South Carolina while I was there on vacation in February. QuiltE and I have discovered that we several things in common, not just quilting and we have discussed going on a FART (lol). There are many members that I have enjoyed sharing ideas and information with.
Old 05-07-2011, 06:02 AM

I knew Boston1954, suziesew, and helen marvel in person before I joined the board as we quilted together when I lived down south. Those girls are talented!

I met MissEllie here and I'm so grateful. We've gone to lunch a couple times and have had a great time getting to know eachother.

There were a couple others I was able to meet, but haven't seen them in a long time.
Old 05-07-2011, 06:15 AM

I have met one, so far, from this board! Turns out we live just across the river from each other here, & we are within a few months of being the same age even! We have just met once in person, so far, as life keeps getting in the way. Met at the bakery/coffeehouse, down the hill here, & brought some quilty stuff for show & tell, & that was fun! Looking forward to our next meetup, when life quits getting in the way, lol! We do email other too, & keep in touch that way, which is nice too!