Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Funky Dawg Swap-closed - Mail Date August 15, 2011 >

Funky Dawg Swap-closed - Mail Date August 15, 2011

Funky Dawg Swap-closed - Mail Date August 15, 2011

Old 08-28-2011, 06:56 AM

So the kitty looks tired from all the dogs being around. It finally gets it shoe back.

Received my doggy blocks yesterday in the mail. I can't stand long enough yet to put them on the design wall that has been put away so I do not use it and stand, only fallen three times with crutches and once with knee scooter. Who got miss priss?

These little dogs will get in a quilt as soon as I am able to stand long enough.
Old 08-28-2011, 09:58 AM

Oh no!!! Mine aare at the post office and with this storm there is power going out and trees falling down! I'm worried that the pups are getting too scared... my moms are at the post office too so I hope they can keep each other enough company to be ok until the morning.....
Old 08-28-2011, 04:59 PM
Power Poster

I can't tell you who got Miss Priss...only that they were spread around to some really nice new homes! You be careful...we don't need you falling again!

Brooke...I'm sure that yours and Skitter's will keep each other's company. I would have sent them together...but...well, you had both sent in the envelopes..they wouldn't all fit into just one of them and I even tried the legal size!....Oh well...hope you guys don't have any damage at your homes...be careful!
Old 08-29-2011, 05:30 AM

Originally Posted by QuilterMomma
So the kitty looks tired from all the dogs being around. It finally gets it shoe back.

Received my doggy blocks yesterday in the mail. I can't stand long enough yet to put them on the design wall that has been put away so I do not use it and stand, only fallen three times with crutches and once with knee scooter. Who got miss priss?

These little dogs will get in a quilt as soon as I am able to stand long enough.
Hope you're up and about normally super soon!

My mail should be delivered today as we've been gone...will let you know if I get a "high maintenance princess"! LOL!
Old 08-29-2011, 06:05 AM

Where is the Dog Whisper guy when you need him? I have a dozen new dogs that need training and soon they will be contained in a full size pen with some other strays maybe a cat or two. Thank you for all the wonderful dog blocks and I plan to have fun placing them in a good home, mine. Moosegirl

Who let the dogs out?
[ATTACH=CONFIG]248426[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-248420.jpe  
Old 08-29-2011, 07:24 AM

Your dogs are great Moosegirl, but my eyes must be playing tricks on me, cause I count 13 doggies...oh well, it was a looonnnng weekend! LOL!
Old 08-29-2011, 07:29 AM

Oooooo, I see the same. You must have saved one for yourself.
Old 08-29-2011, 08:35 AM

Originally Posted by moosegirl
Where is the Dog Whisper guy when you need him? I have a dozen new dogs that need training and soon they will be contained in a full size pen with some other strays maybe a cat or two. Thank you for all the wonderful dog blocks and I plan to have fun placing them in a good home, mine. Moosegirl
Ohhh - you got one of the "burner" fabric shoes! What I said to Patti - was this: I had a bunch cut out from a fat quarter, and realized they are hot electric stove burners!
I think some poor tired-out-of-ideas fabric designer, late at night reached for a last cup of coffee, and took photos of the burner, tweaked them, finished the project and went to bed! It is just a guess of course, but I really like the abstract design that resulted. So I hope you like it too!
jpthequilter
Old 08-29-2011, 09:55 AM

Okay, here's a picture as promised. There are few extra in there from 2 I made and 3 from a private swap. My son has laid claim to them. With the funky cat blocks I have enough to make a good sized quilt for him. Thanks everybody!

My wonderful collection
[ATTACH=CONFIG]248553[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-248547.jpe  
Old 08-29-2011, 10:06 AM

i do like the dog with the newspaper. It is so adorable. I will see if the kids will lay mine out and take a picture so I can show mine off. We had a good selection in this swap I think. There were a lot of quality blocks in the mix. Good job everyone.