Joplin Tornado

Old 05-24-2011, 01:16 PM

Prayers to your sister and to all in Joplin...What a nightmare...
Old 05-24-2011, 01:54 PM

Originally Posted by Miss Ruthie
I'm not sure where to post this. I am trying to find out any info about my sister in Joplin, she lives 1 mile northwest from St.Johns Med Ctr. Her Name is Cecilia Pamela Pickard. I have tried the Red Cross without any luck. Any suggestions would be helpful.
Miss Ruthie
If you have FaceBook there is a home page that has a way to locate a love one... if you know someone who has a facebook page they can help you... I live in Warrensburg and have relatives who live down in that area and our family is all ok, and say it is horrific to see the damage, so sad... try this...
Old 05-24-2011, 03:31 PM

Ruthie, Soory al I have to offer you and Cecelia are my prayers that you are reunited soon and all is well. God Bless You in your search.
Old 05-24-2011, 03:41 PM

I'd be asking someone who lives within an hours drive to please go and see if things are okay. Perhaps you could PM them with an address and they could take a drive in the direction. Phone lines/towers are probably all down, so internet would probably be the only way to find someone unless someone would drive in. Outside of the emergency contact numbers given earlier.
Old 05-24-2011, 04:08 PM

Originally Posted by lyndad
Originally Posted by Jan in VA
For some reason I am so touched by this tornado; maybe it's just the last straw about US disasters this spring. I'm tearing up and praying. First thing I did this morning was check news; SO many of our members live in MO, we care and worry about them and their families.

Please, God, let all find their loved ones safe and unharmed.
Let them reach out to those in sorrow and need.
Let the systems that work during times like these be thorough and complete and speedy in returning to things to a bearable state.
In Jesus's name give them a garment of praise for this spirit of heaviness.

Jan in VA
Well said, Amen
Amen...
Old 05-24-2011, 04:18 PM

I was an Intimate Apparel buyer for Macy's in KC back in the 60s and we had to visit all the stores once a month. The one thing I will always remember about visiting the Joplin store is how nice the people in that town were. Whether we were in the store or in a restaurant everyone was so wonderful. My prayers are with you.
Old 05-24-2011, 08:44 PM

I can't help you with getting information...except that with all the towers down cell phones are out!

My only contribution can be heart felt prayers for her safety.
I'm sorry to say that living in the PNW our cool weather is contributing to the horrible weather systems and I wish there was some way I could do something, but I can't...

God bless you and your family and please let us know when you hear from her!
Old 05-25-2011, 06:14 AM

A dear friend of mine lives in Neosho, which is outside of Joplin. She said that cell calls are not going through, but most people could still receive texts. Two of her daughters were caught in the tornado while at work, but thank the good Lord he kept his arms around them and they are safe, the building they were in was demolished, but the girls are safe.

Her husband has an OB/GYQ practice in Joplin. They are seeing a great need for anthing for infants, diapers, wipes, bottles, quilts/blankets, baby clothes, pack n play, carrier, etc.

They are asking for donations for the smallest victims. She asked that donations be sent to their home address, as the office was damaged. This is a very trustworthy family who will ensure that any donations go to families devastated by the tornado. If you feel compelled to donate anything, please PM me for her contact information.

Thank you for anything at all you can donate!!
Old 05-25-2011, 06:34 AM

will pray for a quick and positive outcome... these storms have been so terrible!
Old 05-25-2011, 04:30 PM

Our prayers are with you and your sister. Have you tried Facebook? I had to use it to locate my niece in Japan when the earthquake hit there.Just an idea.God bless and we'll keep sending the prayers your way..