Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • WaMart >
  • WaMart

• WaMart

Old 05-25-2011, 08:43 AM

Awhile back someone posted an article from Wall Street Journal stating that WalMart will be putting back fabric depts starting May 1st. I live in Las Vegas & have been to 6 different Super WalMart & non have put in fabric. I did find a small older store that had a few bolts but found they were the same price as JoAnn's. I just returned from San Antonio, Tx and they never got rid of their fabric in the first place. Does anyone have anymore info on this?
    Old 05-25-2011, 08:47 AM
    Power Poster

The Walmart in my town that did away with the fabric dept. is planning to put the fabric back after a remodel. Maybe the stores are waiting for their turn to be remodeled. It won't be a whole store remodel just rearranging of space to make room for the fabric dept again. Dumb Walmart.
    Old 05-25-2011, 08:51 AM

Where in Las Vegas are you? The Walmart at Eastern & Serene (just south of the 215) has a fabric dept. They never did get rid of it. Whoo Hoo! :thumbup:
    Old 05-25-2011, 08:52 AM

the Walmart in my town sure did put the fabric back, if you want to call 1 yards cuts on hangers putting it back, I don't think there were 15 choices. Very disappointing
    Old 05-25-2011, 09:02 AM

The store I go to in NJ was slated to close their fabric dept on 5/1, but were informed before 5/1 that the store management had changed it's mind. They will probably phase fabric back in 'strategically' to maximize sales.
    Old 05-25-2011, 09:19 AM

The stores around me still haven't put the departments back yet. A couple sell the pre-cut fabrics but not really a lot of choice. There's a store about 1 1/2 hours north that decided not to close their department. Yippee! Holefully the others will follow.
    Old 05-25-2011, 09:37 AM

sorry, dbl post
    Old 05-25-2011, 09:37 AM

Our walmart was scheduled to lose their fabric dept too, but decided it wasn't in their best interest. Decision based on sales $$$ from Dept. Am sure the decision for other stores will be the same....whether or not they think they will make money by keeping or bringing back fabric by the yard. Every decision they make is a take on previous fabric sales, so if your Walmart had a fabric dept. that didn't have good sales don't count on getting it back.
    Old 05-25-2011, 09:44 AM

The Wal-Mart way up on Craig Rd has fabric. It seems they have alot their too. I have been there twice in the last 6 months. I got alot of the sale fabric $2-3 a yard and a bolt of bamboo batting for $30.00.
    Old 05-25-2011, 09:47 AM

I'm still waiting for our Walmart to get their fabric back too. I am really hoping they do...but I guess when I see it for myself I'll believe it. I was so sad when they closed our fabric department down. :(