Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
singer confidence quilter >

singer confidence quilter

singer confidence quilter

Old 05-30-2011, 05:25 PM

Hi all, love this board. I will be showing my first & second lap quilts as soon as I get them quilted (sort of). I really want to free motion quilting but definately NOT creative. So it will be done with straight stitching! My question is regarding the Singer Confidence Quilter. Not sure of the model, but the pic show the entire "confidence quilter" on the front. It's an auction item coming up. I see on line that it's not a long arm by any means, but it is more in my budget, especially if it willl quilt different designs. I've never heard of this one, but then I never really looked. Does anyone have one? and your thoughts on them? Thanks in advance.
Barb :D
Old 05-30-2011, 05:58 PM
Power Poster

Barb, I haven't heard anything good about the newer Singers.
The old ones are fabulous but Singer was bought out and the quality is not what it was.
Old 05-30-2011, 06:11 PM

My sister had one and she was not happy with it at all. I forget why, but I know that it did not last too long. Something went wrong with the computer part of it right after it went out of warranty.
Old 05-31-2011, 05:18 AM

I recently purchased a new Singer to replace my 30-yr. old model. BIG mistake! Singer has really gone down hill in quality. My old machine had sewn hundreds of thousands of miles before it finally gave up the ghost and parts were no longer available. I quickly replaced the Singer with a Janome and am much, much happier. Do yourself a favor and do NOT buy the Singer!