Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
PC Quilter >

PC Quilter

PC Quilter

Old 06-07-2011, 02:55 PM

Does anyone have this? There is a PC Quilter, Hinterberg quilt system and Brother 1500 for sale on Craigslist, with the laptop. I don't have anything right now and don't know if this is a good idea. She wants $1800. Any thoughts?
Old 06-07-2011, 03:18 PM

typically when PC Quilter is being sold with the laptop its because its one of the first issues of PC Quilter and does not work with any of today's more modern computers.

i would double check what version of PC Quilter is for sale and then you can determine if its worth the price and how much it would cost you to update if thats what you want to do.

i had a chance to buy PC Quilter with the laptop and by the time i determined the value of the laptop ($25) and the cost to update PC Quilter to the current version (over $1000) it wasn't worth buying in my book.
Old 06-07-2011, 04:13 PM

Thank you. I'm not knowledgeable about these things. I am getting ready to retire and thought I would like to have a few "extras" for fun quilting. I need to do some reading and investigating.
Old 06-07-2011, 04:43 PM

well you can always post the info here.

there are many people on the forum that know computer and robotic quilting that can help you make the best decision for you.
Old 06-08-2011, 03:49 AM

That is probably a great deal. I am planning on selling my pcquilter as I have had it for over a year and never used it. It's time to go. The 9" throat of the Brother would be a downfall for me. You won't be able to do much more than a 4" deep design on a quilt.
Old 06-08-2011, 06:51 AM

I have a PCQuilter... Sorry I'm late getting in to this topic. I can understand the computer included. The PCQuilter started out using parallel ports, the old printer ports. Newer computers don’t have them, they have USB ports. There is a hardware upgrade for it, but it’s not as easy as just attaching an adapter, you’ll need to work with the company.

Here’s what I know about purchasing used. You will have to purchase a “support” package from PCQuilter. If you have any problems, or need any training until your comfortable using it and need to call the company, you will need a support package. The software is registered to the current owner; I don’t know if it’s transferrable, again you’ll have to contact PCQ. Updates to the software are free to the registered user.

If the current owner is willing to demonstrate the system to you, tear down and set up and confirm that is it still working as previously demonstrated, and your satisfied with the setup… it is an awesome deal. The 1500 alone is worth $500-700.

Make sure it comes with all the original software disk, not that you’ll need them, but who knows. And if it’s working to your satisfaction, then you really shouldn’t need any type of software upgrades.

Oh, and there is a yahoo group too. They have lots of information there. Let me know if you have any questions!
Mona
Old 06-21-2011, 05:19 AM

Oh! My gosh! I didn't realize a simple local ad on CraigsList would make it all the way to this list! What a pleasant surprise!

For those of you who might have been interested in the set-up, I thought I'd let you know it was sold a week ago. It was my personal equipment.

Take care all ...
Linda
Old 04-16-2012, 05:01 PM

does anyone use the pcquilter? i have one and a 15" bailey .. i am having no luck since i bought the bailey ... i honestly think it keeps going out of timing .. its really beginning to be a pain .. loved the pcq before!
Old 04-16-2012, 05:48 PM

Originally Posted by Mistytx View Post
does anyone use the pcquilter? i have one and a 15" bailey .. i am having no luck since i bought the bailey ... i honestly think it keeps going out of timing .. its really beginning to be a pain .. loved the pcq before!
Mistytx, Give Chuck a call. Sometimes the machines are just not quite right and need to be replaced. I had a lot of problems and they gladly sent me a new machine to try. Smooth sailing ever since!
Old 08-28-2013, 05:41 PM

I have found a PC quilter that is a 2006 with all the soft and hardware and working for the previous owner. She had offered to see the PC quilter for $300 without the computer. I do not want her old computer I would like to use mine. I need another computer like a hole in the head. SO my question is- what are these worth at this age? Any ideas.

I appreciate any help and thank you!
jane