Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
The FWS Quilt=Along  Week 45  Blocks 89 & 90  Photo Page >

The FWS Quilt=Along Week 45 Blocks 89 & 90 Photo Page

The FWS Quilt=Along Week 45 Blocks 89 & 90 Photo Page

Old 10-25-2011, 04:25 AM

Very pretty QE. I also found that blocks I made and looked fine while I was working on them didn't have enough contrast when I posted them. Can't tell you how many I redid--well, yes, I can: I had enough "uglies" to make my dog a small quilt! I also found that some blocks I thought wouldn't work blend right in when the quilt is put together. Don't stress--enjoy. Your blocks are great.
Old 10-25-2011, 04:36 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by janRN
Very pretty QE. I also found that blocks I made and looked fine while I was working on them didn't have enough contrast when I posted them. Can't tell you how many I redid--well, yes, I can: I had enough "uglies" to make my dog a small quilt! I also found that some blocks I thought wouldn't work blend right in when the quilt is put together. Don't stress--enjoy. Your blocks are great.
Lucky Dog .... Well coordinated with the rest of its home!!!

Oh not to worry ... I am not stressing. Just more the, ooh why can't this one look as pretty as that one syndrome!!!! :) I won't be remaking any, until at the end as I want to get there first. And then, I'll probably not, as I'll be in too much of a hurry to put together and really see what it looks like.
Old 10-25-2011, 05:18 AM

Very nice, QuiltE!

When doing mine, I was annoyed when (a) the perfect combination of fabrics turned out to be not so perfect and/or (b) the photos lied, no matter how hard I tried to get a good picture. Occasionally, a block looked better in the photo, but usually it looked worse.

Toward the end, I did re-make a few blocks, using either part or all of the original pieces, but shifting them around. The last thing I did as I was putting the quilt together was a total do-over (with different fabric) of the railroad block.

The whole FWS was very educational, both in terms of color value and how to do the most painless & accurate construction.
Old 10-25-2011, 05:43 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by weezie
Very nice, QuiltE!

When doing mine, I was annoyed when (a) the perfect combination of fabrics turned out to be not so perfect and/or (b) the photos lied, no matter how hard I tried to get a good picture. Occasionally, a block looked better in the photo, but usually it looked worse.

Toward the end, I did re-make a few blocks, using either part or all of the original pieces, but shifting them around. The last thing I did as I was putting the quilt together was a total do-over (with different fabric) of the railroad block.

The whole FWS was very educational, both in terms of color value and how to do the most painless & accurate construction.
Thanks Weezie!!
Some good thoughts there Weezie ... particularly the last one .. the more we learn painless and accurate construction, the more things we can make that jump out and say, here, look at meeee!! :)
Old 10-25-2011, 08:27 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by QuiltE
Originally Posted by weezie
Very nice, QuiltE!

Thanks Weezie!!
Some good thoughts there Weezie ... particularly the last one .. the more we learn painless and accurate construction, the more things we can make that jump out and say, here, look at meeee!! :)
:thumbup: