Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Magnet Swap IV - Independence Day Theme - CLOSED on 6/25/11 >

Magnet Swap IV - Independence Day Theme - CLOSED on 6/25/11

Magnet Swap IV - Independence Day Theme - CLOSED on 6/25/11

Old 06-11-2011, 01:28 AM

It's finally time for our next Magnet Swap!!! :D Please review the information below because the swap HAS CHANGED. Thanks for ya'lls patience!! :D

Here’s how it works:
You will NOT BE EXCHANGING ADDRESSES as we did in the past. All magnets will come to me to be swapped out and then sent out to ya’ll. So, in your packet to me you will enclose:

1 or 2 magnets in a plastic baggie depending on how many folks you want to swap with. If you send 2 magnets, you will be swapping with TWO DIFFERENT PEOPLE…..there was some confusion in thinking that you were giving 2 magnets to one person.
PLEASE include your screen name ON your baggies along with how many magnets you are doing. This will help me a lot so I won’t lose track of who’s is who’s. Just write your screen name (and real name if you want) legibly with a sharpie marker or pen. Mine for example will say:

Qbee X2 Magnets

You may also want to include your real name, mailing address, etc. somewhere in or on your baggie just in case your envelope gets swallowed up by the post office, but that isn’t mandatory.

Also in your baggie INCLUDE a self-adhesive return address label, and return postage (stamps). Whatever it cost to send is about what it will cost to send one to you....
If you do not send return postage I will hold them until you send the difference. After 30 days, I will donate the unclaimed magnets to our school’s Special Education program for their box of “prizes”. You do NOT need to send me the return envelopes as this will raise your postage cost too much. I will supply the envelopes for you " :)

I would like to have these in hand no later than 6/25/2011 (post marked no later than 6/21/2011. International members would obviously need to send them to me sooner.

Please remember that any packages received after 6/25/2011 will be automatically returned unswapped. Any member not fulfilling their commitment AND failing to communicate reason for not meeting their commitment, etc. will not be accepted in future swaps and negative feedback will be posted to members account per Moderators requirements. I really hate to say that, but we have had too many issues with people not communicating well and not sending their magnets.

After I get the magnets, I will swap them out and get them in the mail to ya’ll by 6/28/11 so you will have them prior to July 4th!

Those wanting to “play” need to PM me the info below and I will then put you on the list:

Board name,
How many magnets you're doing
Date when you plan ship your package
Your real name
Your mailing address

Please CAREFULLY read the guidelines for all swaps on the board at this link
http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-20154-1.htm
Here is our Activity Page that I will keep updated with who all is swapping, etc.:
http://www.quiltingboard.com/group_a...cnum=170#20324

I know that this change will be an adjustment but I really do think it will be worth it so at least try it one month....please :|
Thanks everyone again for all your support the past few weeks!

For those of you unfamiliar with our little swap, here are some samples of the magnets that have been made by our talented little group!! :D :D
Attached Thumbnails attachment-209835.jpe   attachment-209836.jpe   attachment-209837.jpe   attachment-209838.jpe   attachment-209839.jpe  

attachment-209840.jpe   attachment-209841.jpe   attachment-209842.jpe   attachment-209843.jpe   attachment-209844.jpe  

attachment-209845.jpe  
Old 06-11-2011, 10:07 AM
Power Poster

for PRIORITY do you mean $4.95 each ( that's alot of $$$$) or do you mean like $1.29 each. (for 1st class).
thanks
Lynnie
Old 06-11-2011, 12:16 PM

Oh gosh....I meant like a 64 cent stamp....LOL!! I'll go take "PRIORITY" out of the description. Thanks for catching that Lynnie!
Gail "Qbee"

Originally Posted by lynnie
for PRIORITY do you mean $4.95 each ( that's alot of $$$$) or do you mean like $1.29 each. (for 1st class).
thanks
Lynnie
Old 06-11-2011, 02:56 PM

I'm in. :) PM-ing you shortly. My two magnets are made and ready to mail on Monday.

I gotta say ... I'm sure not used to putting binding on anything THIS small! :shock: :lol: :wink:

ETA: Should we post pics of the magnets we made now (since it'll be a surprise who gets them), or wait and post pics of the magnets we receive?
Old 06-11-2011, 03:08 PM

Hmmm......good question....what do ya'll think???

Originally Posted by moonrise
ETA: Should we post pics of the magnets we made now (since it'll be a surprise who gets them), or wait and post pics of the magnets we receive?
Old 06-13-2011, 04:14 AM

sent pm
sure post the pics, I love to see them all!
Old 06-13-2011, 08:23 AM
Power Poster

i'M IN ON THIS
Old 06-13-2011, 06:28 PM

Okie dokie. Here's a photo! :mrgreen:

These are actually the second pair I made. I wasn't happy with the first pair. :roll: The stripes are too wide or something.

They each have two super-strong neodymium (sp?) magnets in them. I love playing with those things! :lol: My fabric stash is stored in two metal cabinets, and I've got neodymium magnets stuck all over the cabinet doors. :mrgreen:

The two magnets I'm sending (front and back). The magnets are sewn inside.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]211183[/ATTACH]

The first pair I made, but ended up not liking them. The round things are sequins.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]211184[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-211177.jpe   attachment-211178.jpe  
Old 06-14-2011, 08:24 AM
Power Poster

moonrise, those are so cute, hope i get one of them!
Old 06-14-2011, 02:38 PM

How cute!!! I'm loving these. I know that doing it this way will make it seem really different for a while but think of it this way....EVERYONE will get a magnet....no one will be waiting, etc.!!! :D :D :D