Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
***2 1/2" x WOF STRIP SWAP*Summer2011*DONE*Successful!* >

***2 1/2" x WOF STRIP SWAP*Summer2011*DONE*Successful!*

***2 1/2" x WOF STRIP SWAP*Summer2011*DONE*Successful!*

Old 06-12-2011, 02:42 PM

Quilting Board 2 ½” X WOF Strip Swap -
Mail after 7/2/11 (when my address will be sent to you)
Strips MUST be at my house by 7/16/11 or they'll be returned unopened marked “refused”.

1. WHAT: This swap is for 2 ½” X Width of Fabric (WOF) Strips…referred to as NOODLES.

2. FABRICS TO USE: Fabric must be 100% cotton in any color. NO homespun, NO thin fabrics, NO specific holidays or NO licensed characters. No Easter, No Christmas, No Mickey Mouse, No Dora, No Batman, etc. Please send what you would love to receive.

3. PREP FABRIC: WASH, Press and Cut Fabric VERY CAREFULLY. Washing fabric before cutting is required for removal of chemical allergens, shrinkage, and colorfastness. (No rules about fabric softeners or starches.) Pressing and cutting is important for properly shaped NOODLES. After cutting your fabric, open it up and make sure it is STRAIGHT the entire WOF. No 'V's please!

4. NOODLES PER BAGGIE: In 1 small baggie place 1 NOODLE of 5 DIFFERENT FABRICS. Label Each Small Bag with your Board name. Swappers will know who sent which small bag. Try to stagger the noodles a bit so we can see what's inside each baggie.

5. NUMBER OF BAGGIES: You may send any number of small baggies containing 5 different NOODLES
**If you want to use up leftover fabric, take your fabric and cut your NOODLES. Make piles and put ONE NOODLE in each pile, don’t duplicate the NOODLE in the same pile. When you get 5 different NOODLES in one pile – put it in a small baggie. Keep going till you have 12 baggies. (pictures here http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-56126-1.htm )
***If you want to use up yardage, take 5 different fabrics, cut 12 NOODLES from each. Then make 12 piles containing 1 NOODLE from each fabric.
You may mix things up – use what you have – use yardage and pieces ***Send in 3 baggies – send in 8 baggies – send in 12 baggies***
***It’s up to you – although I will say that those who swapped less than 12 last time wished they had swapped the full 12 baggies***

6. A SET - MAXIMUM number of baggies PER SET is 12– (total of 60 strips!). If you want to do 2 sets, the second set of 12 must not contain any fabrics that were in the first set.

7. PACKAGING: Place your small labeled baggies in a larger plastic close bag. Write or tape ON THE LARGER BAG your real name, entire mailing address, number of bags enclosed and your Quilting Board name. Things happen during transit. If the outside envelope/box opens, hopefully everything stays in the larger bag with your information.

8. POSTAGE: I PREFER a PRIORITY flat rate mailing. No weighing at the Post Office.
***FOR PRIORITY MAIL include a Self-Addressed Priority Label and a Priority Stamp or cash so I can return the noodles to you. I will have Priority mailers here to send back.
***FOR FIRST CLASS MAIL send a self-addressed STAMPED return envelope that has the same amount (if not a little more) postage STAMPS (not metered stamps) ON THE ENVELOPE. When I receive your noodles I will make sure your return envelope contains the same amount of stamps that it took you to mail them to me…then all should be fine when I mail back to you.

9. SIGN UP: To join the swap send me a PM with the number of bags, your real name, full mailing address, and e-mail address. If I don't get a PM with ALL the info, you will not be officially signed up. I will add you to the Activities Page for this swap: (to be inserted here)

10. MAIL DEADLINE: I will provide my address on 7/2/11 as I don't want any mail sent to me before that weekend. After 7/2, MAIL your package so that I receive it by 7/16 or it will be returned unopened marked “Refused”. I should be able to mail back by 7/21/11.

11. COMMUNICATE: Post and let us know where you’re at in the swapping process.

12. DISCLAIMER: A reality when swapping on line is that you must be prepared to accept fabrics you wouldn't normally choose for yourself. When you swap with ‘strangers’, you should expect to get some "strange" in return. Anyone who isn't prepared for this shouldn't swap online. As hostess I will communicate when on line and return the swap quickly. Swappers need to ask questions if they don’t understand and follow the rules posted above. Send what you would love to receive. If you have any ISSUES, please contact me through PM and not on the open thread.
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___________________________________
***Prior swap for lots of great pictures on how the swap works http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-56126-1.htm

Current Activities Page** http://www.quiltingboard.com/group_a...sp?gracnum=171

***See Conniequilts quilt top using strips
http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-56862-1.htm

**See C.Cal Quilt Girl's picture on page 5 of bags ready to mail**
http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-56126-5.htm
Old 06-12-2011, 03:05 PM

Count me in for 12 bags. This is an easy way to get many different fabrics for jelly roll quilts. Thanks!
Old 06-12-2011, 03:36 PM

I'm thinking about it. I'll let you know. (I wanna finish my current swap and get strips cut before promising I will)
Old 06-12-2011, 05:13 PM

I would love to join this ... However, I leave on vacation on the 30th of June for 2 weeks.

I will have to think about it ... maybe I can travel with my strips and when we can send them I will send them from where I am at.
Old 06-12-2011, 06:08 PM

Location: A Hop from Heaven, a Skip from Sanity and a Jump from the Good Life....

Id like to join..

Sent pm..

Count me in for 12 sets..
Old 06-12-2011, 06:22 PM

The last one was so much fun. Please sign me up for 12 baggies.

Sent pm.
Old 06-12-2011, 07:44 PM

I am in too.... sent PM for 12 sets.
Old 06-13-2011, 05:39 AM

Morning - LOTS of PMs this morning - after I wake up and take care of some things around here - I'll read them all.

Woooohooooo!!!
Old 06-13-2011, 07:50 AM

ALL PMs ANSWERED up to now.

Remember to send me ALL the info required in #9 of the instructions.

If you're Officially signed up - you've received a notification from the Activities Page.
http://www.quiltingboard.com/group_a...sp?gracnum=171

Have a great day!
Old 06-13-2011, 09:25 AM

Please count me in for 2 sets of 12. Sounds like fun.

Sibyl