Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
What are you making for Christmas gifts >

What are you making for Christmas gifts

What are you making for Christmas gifts

Old 07-21-2011, 02:43 PM

I'm trying to come up with something to make forChristmas gifts. I would like something smaller that would not take as long to make. Any ideas , patterns , or pics ? :?:
Old 07-21-2011, 02:54 PM
Google Goddess

mug rugs, placemats, table runners, small things
Old 07-21-2011, 02:55 PM

No quilts this year, maybe some quilted items. All my loved ones have all the quilts they can handle. Guess I'll give donation quilts for Christmas.:)
Old 07-21-2011, 03:08 PM
Power Poster

I've been buying gifts since February. I found a great sale on Coach wrist purses and wallets for 50% off. All my girls will get one of those and if I don't buy anything else so what... I can put money in them and call it done. And Sears had a great one day only online discount on the four drawer rolling Craftman tool chest for $49 marked down from $289!!!! I bought my son in law, two older stepgrandsons, and DH one each. I'm really done shopping except for the 7 year old. I will make some quilted purses and totes for the girls and probably some tablerunners. My oldest has asked for the fabric clotheline bowls but she wants them huge! Like a laundry basket. I don't know if that's possible. We don't exchange gifts with relatives, just immediate family. I do give gifts to my quilting friends.
Old 07-21-2011, 03:11 PM

WOW ! You got some awesome deals ! Did you find them online ?
Originally Posted by BellaBoo
I've been buying gifts since February. I found a great sale on Coach wrist purses and wallets for 50% off. All my girls will get one of those and if I don't buy anything else so what... I can put money in them and call it done. And Sears had a great one day only online discount on the four drawer rolling Craftman tool chest for $49 marked down from $289!!!! I bought my son in law, two older stepgrandsons, and DH one each. I'm really done shopping except for the 7 year old. I will make some quilted purses and totes for the girls and probably some tablerunners. My oldest has asked for the fabric clotheline bowls but she wants them huge! Like a laundry basket. I don't know if that's possible. We don't exchange gifts with relatives, just immediate family. I do give gifts to my quilting friends.
Old 07-21-2011, 03:15 PM

Pin cushions, pot holders, towel sets with ribbon or fabric trims, dishtowels, coffee cozies, pillowcases
Old 07-21-2011, 03:48 PM

Wow! Wish I would of seen tool drawers! My SIL would loved that! Since I'm new at it, quilts! A few pillow cases, maybe just money. No one really Needs more stuff so it gets hard!! I tell kids to let
Me know what they need. Quit exchanging with most family and friends. Cards and few small things that's it. Book. Heaven can wait was great gift last year!!!
Old 07-21-2011, 03:50 PM

I think I am going with aprons using a quilt block for the top.
Old 07-21-2011, 04:00 PM

Not planning on making any.
Old 07-21-2011, 04:02 PM

Placemats, probably from the yards and yards of fabric left over from making 19 aprons last year!!!