Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
August Secret Pal Swap CLOSED >

August Secret Pal Swap CLOSED

August Secret Pal Swap CLOSED

Old 08-21-2011, 03:28 AM

Originally Posted by SLHughes
Okay all you stalkers out there .... can you help me do some stalking and see if there are any coming to Canada? I cant seem to find any hints for any coming my way ... unless I missed them. :shock:
Ooh, poor Stacey! come one swappers, who sent a package to Canada? Give her a little hint here, she has been fishing for one for a long time now!
BTW, is your postal service all caught up now? I know for a while after it resumed, things were delayed. I am sure you are getting your package soon :thumbup:
Old 08-21-2011, 03:56 AM

Originally Posted by sik1010
Originally Posted by Havplenty
some of us buy the used books, quilt magazines, etc. for these swaps so they may get counted towards the $10.00. it's permissable.

Originally Posted by TOOMANYUFO'S
I thought we could send used books, quilt magazines, etc. as long as we did not count it toward the $10.00. I love to get recycled quilt mag. and books. I gave a book to my Aug. sp that I had just finished reading, but did not include it in the money I spent. It was an extra. If you use a flat rate box might as well stuff it full. It won't cost any more and will make the pkg more exciting.
Didn't we talk of sending the used books and putting our board name and state or country to see how far a book travels in this swap or someone can choose to keep it? I thought we did, so this time I mailed 2 with their starting info, taped on paper, in the back of the book. Tell me we did or I'm just a bit crazy--which is possible. LOL!
Your crazy, but you are right we did have that discussion.
Old 08-21-2011, 04:06 AM

arizonagirl and candi, I truly appreciate the strong vote of confidence that you are passing out! I could mention that as far as insanity or craziness goes--it takes one to know one! LOL!

For the stalkers, I sent 2 packages last week--one went South of me and the other left our shores.
Old 08-21-2011, 05:34 AM

I have a question..My brother works at an auction and he brought me three big boxes of patterns..Mostly are for girls from ages 12 months to 12 years old..They are vintage patterns and almost everyone is brand new..never been opened..I can not sew clothes and I was wondering if anyone maybe interested in them..I have often thought of adding them in my packages but never know who does sew clothes for children/grandchildren..
Attached Thumbnails attachment-244621.jpe  
Old 08-21-2011, 06:05 AM

Originally Posted by candi
Originally Posted by SLHughes
Okay all you stalkers out there .... can you help me do some stalking and see if there are any coming to Canada? I cant seem to find any hints for any coming my way ... unless I missed them. :shock:
Ooh, poor Stacey! come one swappers, who sent a package to Canada? Give her a little hint here, she has been fishing for one for a long time now!
BTW, is your postal service all caught up now? I know for a while after it resumed, things were delayed. I am sure you are getting your package soon :thumbup:
Thanks Candi!! I am not sure if the mail is back to normal yet or not. It does take a bit to come to Canada. I am sure it is in the mail somewhere ... LOL
Old 08-21-2011, 06:09 AM

Those are the cutest little dresses; when I was a child growing up my neighbors grandmother used to sew all her granddaughter's clothes and they were little dresses of this style. What fun for clothing sewers now with all the different fabrics out there - the possibilities are endless. What a find.
Old 08-21-2011, 06:50 AM

Originally Posted by sik1010
arizonagirl and candi, I truly appreciate the strong vote of confidence that you are passing out! I could mention that as far as insanity or craziness goes--it takes one to know one! LOL!

For the stalkers, I sent 2 packages last week--one went South of me and the other left our shores.
Hey I know I'm crazy...lol
Old 08-21-2011, 06:52 AM

Originally Posted by Diana Lynne
I have a question..My brother works at an auction and he brought me three big boxes of patterns..Mostly are for girls from ages 12 months to 12 years old..They are vintage patterns and almost everyone is brand new..never been opened..I can not sew clothes and I was wondering if anyone maybe interested in them..I have often thought of adding them in my packages but never know who does sew clothes for children/grandchildren..
I love making clothes for my granddaughters. I'd love them.
Old 08-21-2011, 09:20 AM

Originally Posted by arizonagirl
Originally Posted by Diana Lynne
I love making clothes for my granddaughters. I'd love them.
I would love them too. Oooo I hope you get my name next month, heee!
Old 08-21-2011, 09:37 AM
tmw

Originally Posted by Havplenty
my sp swap partner tmw aka thelma received her package from me today and is not able to post pics so gave me permission to do so for her.

i remembered to take a pic this time around so i am more than happy to post it for her.
thank-you , the picture shows everything off nicely.