Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Update about wasps attack on my hubby ,,, >

Update about wasps attack on my hubby ,,,

Update about wasps attack on my hubby ,,,

Old 07-30-2011, 12:31 PM

I'd certainly tell the professionals that I'd like the honey!! That stuff is expensive anymore!! (Of course, what isn't?)
Old 07-30-2011, 12:34 PM

Were these regular honey bees or killer bees? When you mentioned that animals were killed, it made me wonder about what kind they are.

I pray your DH is doing well, and I hope they will be able to remove the rest of the hive. YIKES!! :shock:
Old 07-30-2011, 02:47 PM

Originally Posted by Celeste
I'm glad that your DH is ok and the dog too! Hopefully I will not need to know about the clorox, but glad to know it just in case!
Guess who was glad she remembered about the clorox about 6:30 this morning? I got stung on my leg UNDER THE COVERS!
Our poor Emily (Doberman) thought it wise to relocate to my sisters bed after that.

It was better than the one I got on the left side of my forehead. . .
Old 07-30-2011, 02:49 PM

Baking soda mixed with a little water to make a paste works wonderfully. I was very blond as a child and stung daily-literally. At one point I stepped into a bee hive in tall grass while camping. A nurse who was also camping said it should have killed me.
Old 07-30-2011, 04:23 PM

my hubby was stung tonight as he refilled the bird feeder,,,hope this information of putting bleach on a cotton pad works....his finger is really puffed up, and throbs like the dickens.......hope your bee situation gets taken care of 100%.!!!!!
Old 07-30-2011, 04:28 PM

I use Clorox for no-seeums (Fl only I think) and even mosquito bites if I get them soon enough. It's amazing how well it works. Glad everyone is healing from the bee stings. We have bees in our crape myrtles every year when they bloom but they've never stung anyone. Maybe they protect the honey?
Old 07-30-2011, 06:14 PM
Power Poster

wow! I am speechless.
Old 07-30-2011, 06:21 PM

Thats amazing that everyone is doing fine, I'd probably be dead I have a severe allergy to anything in the yellow jacket family including bees. Carry an Epipen with me everywhere, here they will not sell you anything to kill bee's the animal control people say it's illegal. Told them I didn't care I'd like to live so I finally found an exterminator that came and got rid of our hive. I was told the same thing too that bees and wasps are creatures of habit and they will return each year to the same spot they have their hives. I've got the exterminator on speed dial now.
Old 07-30-2011, 07:28 PM

So glad that everything turned out okay.
Old 07-30-2011, 07:53 PM

Using meat tenderizer helps too. One of my daughters was stung severeal times by wasps and we had to rush her to the emergency room 20 miles from where we lived. The doctor said if you had used meat tenderizer on these stings you would have saved yourself a 20 mile trip and the child a lot of pain. He said the tenderizer was good on any kid of sting or bite. We keep it on hand, carry it on the boat, and keep it in the first aid kits. Just rub the place with a little water and sprinkle the tenderizer on and rub lightly.