Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Update about wasps attack on my hubby ,,, >

Update about wasps attack on my hubby ,,,

Update about wasps attack on my hubby ,,,

Old 07-30-2011, 09:03 PM

Originally Posted by vivoaks
I'd certainly tell the professionals that I'd like the honey!! That stuff is expensive anymore!! (Of course, what isn't?)
And local honey is a good treatment for hayfever (trying to find a positive here)
Old 07-30-2011, 10:17 PM

Originally Posted by jmanghamom
Using meat tenderizer helps too. One of my daughters was stung severeal times by wasps and we had to rush her to the emergency room 20 miles from where we lived. The doctor said if you had used meat tenderizer on these stings you would have saved yourself a 20 mile trip and the child a lot of pain. He said the tenderizer was good on any kid of sting or bite. We keep it on hand, carry it on the boat, and keep it in the first aid kits. Just rub the place with a little water and sprinkle the tenderizer on and rub lightly.
LOL When I read the first part of your post I thought you meant that little hammer-thing with spikes you pound to tenderize the meat. You could've beaten your child with that and it would've stopped the sting pain? Maybe by replacing it with different pain... Ahhh the things that are labeled with the same name... :)
Old 07-30-2011, 10:45 PM

so happy to hear the family and Animals are fine what a blessing.
Old 07-31-2011, 04:30 AM

How scary!!!! I'm allergic to bee stings, & killer bees are a big problem in west Texas, so am always aware of any bee!! So glad things are getting back to normal, & that your dh & doggy are safe now. Did you get any of that honey??
Old 07-31-2011, 05:45 PM

That is a lot of bees. Wow!
Last summer my cousin was mowing his lawn in Texas and got stung several times. He died a couple of hours later.
Old 07-31-2011, 07:54 PM

Location: other side of the black stump, Perth Western Australia

Glad you are all ok. Reminded me of our bees that lived in a dead tree by our driveway for years. All of a sudden they swarmed and decided that they wanted to make the garage their new home. We had to end up getting rid of them even though we were very reluctant to but obviously we needed to use our garage.
The guy that came out to exterminate said they were feral bees!??
Both my husband and I and our youngest son are now allergic to bee stings after being stung repeatedly many times even though we were not bothering them.
Reminds me of a funny story...One day my husband and i were gardening out the front and all of a sudden my husband takes off with a bee in hot pursuit (it is funny to watch and I was laughing) which after ducking through a line of washing he managed to lose it..unfortunately he came back for me and I was zigging and zagging trying to get away from it when it went down my top! i was only wearing a sleeveless shirt with no bra but didnt want to get stung so took off my top in a mad panic and was running around the front topless still trying to lose the bee. (My husband was laughing hysterically at this point). Needless to say I got stung and my arm swelled up and was so painful.
Luckily no one went past when all this was happening...
Old 07-31-2011, 08:34 PM

blahel - What a funny story!! You really had me laughing!!
Old 07-31-2011, 08:42 PM

Wow, thats scary. I too wonder if your bees are a hybrid. I have honey bees all over outside and they have never been aggressive.

I'm glad you are all OK and that you were able to get the bees out.
Old 07-31-2011, 09:11 PM

Wow Glad are all OK overall !!

Hopefully someone can remove the nest and re-home them yep hear there are a disapearing out here also, may have come to visit at your house.

When we were little went someplace for a couple of hours, and when we returned had an approx 1x2 ft hive on the front door, gald we always used the back!! They never bothered us a couple of weeks later came home and they had moved into the side boards of the house called the local beekeeper, and when it was cool w/smoke pulled the boards and removed several 5 gal buckets of honey bee's and all cleaned the area. Never had problems after that
The family cure was dad's plug tobacco chewed till soft. grosse but it worked!! so guess if mom's spitty wet finger can clean a face, dad's spitty tobacco can cure a sting.
Honey comb is suppose to be very good for you BTW
Good luck w/the bees.
Old 07-31-2011, 09:27 PM

Blahel that was too funny!! I could imagine doing the same thing without really thinking - good thing no one came by! lol!

What a scary thing. Scary that they're so aggressive! I hope they're able to get them all. And I hope you can keep the honey too!!! I'd love to have that much honey!