Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
What's Behind Your Quilting Board ID? >

What's Behind Your Quilting Board ID?

What's Behind Your Quilting Board ID?

Old 08-03-2011, 03:55 AM

My name is Sherry Catalano....which gives me Sherrycat!
Old 08-03-2011, 03:57 AM

You must have had a very patient (sp) mother. Had I done these things I wouldn't be around today to need an ID. No story behind mine. Quilter because I quilt & born in 54.
Originally Posted by Krystyna
Some of you use your normal names, but I'm wondering if there is a story behind your ID?

My real name is Christine, but my mother often used the European version ... as in ...

Mom walks into living room and notices a huge splotch of orange paint all over the new blue floral sofa slipcovers she just made.
"Krystyna, Krystyna. What is this? Well, that IS a lovely painting of a pumpkin you've made."

Mom walks into my bedroom and sees me hard at work on one of her old skirts, snipping away with scissors in hand.
"Krystyna, Krystyna! My goodness! Isn't that a fancy hula skirt you've made."

Mom passes by the hall closet and notices a sign I enthusiastically made to remind me of the schedule for my soon-to-start violin lessons. It is affixed with to the lovely oak door with glue meant to repair shoes and has a fancy leather frame made from my father's old belts.
"Krystyna, Krystyna! Oh! Oh ... Well, now no one will forget your lessons for a long time. Oh. Oh, my."

So, in keeping with my quilting qualities ... I decided to use the ID Krystyna. Mom passed away many years ago, but with each quilt I finish, I can hear her say ...

"Krystyna, Krystyna. Oh my. What have you made here ..."
Old 08-03-2011, 03:58 AM

Mine is rather obvious too. I am the grandmother of 6, 3 boys and 3 girls. They all call me Grannie, or Grann for short. Even my son-in-law calls me Grannie. Simple as that. I may not look like the typical "Grannie" and I also drive a truck. My Gkids call me the "Cool Grannie".
Old 08-03-2011, 03:59 AM

Mine is "PolkaBabe" Was on a bus trip to Branson, Mo & as the bus driver & I were talking/kidding around I stated something about a CB handle if I had a CB. He came up with Polka Babe. It caught on - e-mail is PolkaBabe-----. Of course I love the music, dance & it's people.
Old 08-03-2011, 04:01 AM

Giving always makes the heart lighter
God Bless you and your gifts
Old 08-03-2011, 04:04 AM

I have been teaching decorative/tole painting for years and love to quilt, hand applique and rework hence
brushandthimble
Old 08-03-2011, 04:06 AM

Originally Posted by fireworkslover
Mine is exactly true, I love to watch, learn how to make them and on top of the list- make quilts w/ a fireworks theme.
Oh, I love fireworks too! So much so that when my kids were young teens we were discussing the traditions that go into a southern funeral (having just been to their 1st. one).
My anti-authoitarian son asked why spend all that money giving flowers to a dead person. I explained & then said that I wanted a happy funeral, so instead of flowers I wanted fireworks instead. My oh-so-rational daughter said that they wouldn't show up in the daytime. I (playing along) said that was even better - a night funeral with fireworks!
I've maintained that until today. :lol: My son has probably forgoteen; my daughter is quoting code enforcement rules to persuade me differently. Kids are just TOO funny!
Debbie Stair
Old 08-03-2011, 04:06 AM

My story is boring. It's my first name Arlene and the first and last letters of my last name RS
I say it all together though ARLENERS
Old 08-03-2011, 04:07 AM

My family called me Pattie as a kid and I married my dh whose last name is Pearl so Pattiespearl it is.
Old 08-03-2011, 04:08 AM

We have a pie factory. So I am piepolly!