Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Needle reminders >

Needle reminders

Needle reminders

Old 08-09-2011, 06:43 AM

I used to use post it notes, but now I have put writable eraseable scotch tape on the front of the machine and write what the needle is on the tape. When I change I erase the tape, and write the new information.
Old 08-09-2011, 08:41 AM

I use a "tomato" pin cushion that I marked in sections with a sharpie, put an identifier as to what size/type needle in each section and then stick my needles in it as I remove them from the machine.

Edit to add: I'm sorry, I didn't see this had already been suggested.
Old 08-09-2011, 09:27 AM

Originally Posted by Meme2six
I use a "tomato" pin cushion that I marked in sections with a sharpie, put an identifier as to what size/type needle in each section and then stick my needles in it as I remove them from the machine.

Edit to add: I'm sorry, I didn't see this had already been suggested.
That's ok; I couldn't remember what it was called. I could see the red but for the life of me I couldn't come up w/tomato for the name. Thank you
Old 08-09-2011, 06:50 PM

Any time you are not sure of the needles size look at wit a magnifier and the number is printed on the shaft of every machine needle they are small but they are there.
Old 08-09-2011, 06:55 PM
Power Poster

Nail polish works good~ :) Like the straw idea!
Old 08-12-2011, 01:37 AM

Originally Posted by Cindy2sew
Ok, I admit I am getting older (52) and I have difficulty remembering which needle is in my machine! I switch projects a lot and change my needle (when I remember) to the project I am working on so I could end up with an denim needle on a embroidery project. (Its happened)
I need some ideas how to remember which needle I have loaded in my machine. I have tried post-it notes on the front of the machine but I find they fall off too easily. Any suggestions?

Cindy
After I use the denim needle I replace it back into the needle case it came from. I do the same with the others if I only used them for a little while. After using them for so many hours I get rid of them and start with a new one for the next big project.
Old 08-12-2011, 07:15 AM

I contacted a friend that has a Cricut Cutter and she's cutting me some letters out of bright colors. E, S and Q. Going to figure some way to attach them to the front of my machine so I'll know what needle's in there when I leave and come or when I've finished one project before I start another one.

This was the only way I figured I would be able to remember.

Good luck!
Old 08-12-2011, 12:31 PM

The red tomato pin cushion mark with ink I draw lines, label each section with type of needle and sub divide for needle size. I use a straight pin with a colored head and put it in the section of the needle in the machine. All your used needles are in one place.