Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Needle reminders >

Needle reminders

Needle reminders

Old 08-07-2011, 07:08 AM

Just went to the link sent by butterflies5518 and they show the exact tracker I just posted about, it is called NEEDLETRAK.
Old 08-07-2011, 07:11 AM

Originally Posted by Cindy2sew
Ok, I admit I am getting older (52) and I have difficulty remembering which needle is in my machine! I switch projects a lot and change my needle (when I remember) to the project I am working on so I could end up with an denim needle on a embroidery project. (Its happened)
Cindy
Best idea is to take needle out every time and put it back where you got it. That way you'll know which needle is in your machine.

Meanwhile, I'm sitting here laughing my head off - my daughter will turn 52 next year - so how old does that make me feel.
Old 08-07-2011, 07:26 AM

I love your straw idea and will be using that from now on.
Old 08-07-2011, 07:44 AM

I made a small fold over case that has the different types needles and sizes - when I put in a new needle I take a flower pin and insert it into that section, this is put under the table of my machine. when I am in doubt as to which needle is in the machine I just open the case
Old 08-07-2011, 07:49 AM

Originally Posted by countryone77
Originally Posted by Cindy2sew
...I need some ideas how to remember which needle I have loaded in my machine. I have tried post-it notes on the front of the machine but I find they fall off too easily. Any suggestions?

Cindy
There are a number of suggestions here ( look under "USED NEEDLES / NEEDLES IN USE" ) :
http://thedomesticdiva.wordpress.com...d-stabilizers/
Bev, thanks! ...so many options
Old 08-07-2011, 08:18 AM

Originally Posted by lsmft
I put a small post-it note on my machine identifying what is in use.

Michaels has small wooden needle containers. I have written needle numbers and uses on each. When I remove a needle from my machine, that's still good, it goes into the appropriate container until needed again.

So far this is working for me!
Post it notes work great, and there are segmented pincushions like the fons and porter flower or similar, something you can use a fine point marker on, mark needle size on segment and when done put the needle back into that segment. Works if you dont forget! Check out the previous link for the dresden pincushion:thumbup:
Old 08-07-2011, 08:25 AM

I also resort to using a magnifing glass. Found a neat machine needle organizer by Singer @ JoAnn that looks like a pill bottle with individual slots inside & a hole on top.Twist the lid to
dispense the needle from the inside slot. Has 4 different slots & I'll use a fine sharpie to mark the sz. slots on the outside of the "bottle".
Old 08-07-2011, 08:26 AM

Originally Posted by rainbowzebra
Just went to the link sent by butterflies5518 and they show the exact tracker I just posted about, it is called NEEDLETRAK.
This is a link provided by Cindy2sew - it is an awesome link she provided - thank you
Old 08-07-2011, 08:58 AM

How do you keep track of how old your needle is (how much it's been used, how dull it is, etc) if you're removing it after each project - just wondering
Old 08-07-2011, 09:03 AM

I am amazed! I have two needle pack notions that all of you could use it seems. One is called the nnedletrak and has a moving notch for each type of needle -- just put it in line with the needle your're using. It sticks close to your machine. The other is called "needlePack" and has slots to put your needles according to type and size. What could be easier? And they don't cost an arm nor a leg.